Donkey's never-ending atheism thread

by donkey 189 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donkey
    donkey

Wih the permission of Simon, I would like to start a thread to act as a collection of thought, quotes and miscellany on atheism and agnosticism. There are so many other threads on this subject but no one place which one can go to on here. I have much to share - enjoy and contribute with me please.

Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will but first let me eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. - Robert Ingersoll

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

This is just another attack on Christianity. Much like jjrizo's attack on the jew-dogs. It must be stopped, sqaushed, squished, chewed up, spit out and swallowed like an african.

Six- stop making sense and bonus points for Robert Mapplethorpe and Monty Python fans class

• donkey
    donkey

I love Ingersoll.

The man who does not do his own thinking is a slave, and is a traitor to himself and to his fellow-men. -- Robert Green Ingersoll, "The Liberty of Man, Woman and Child"

• donkey
    donkey

This is just another attack on Christianity

Nah, I deny all God's Christian and otherwise.

Besides how am I attacking something which doesn't exist? ;-)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

how am I attacking something which doesn't exist?

OUCH!!! quit!

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

While I'm not an atheist I do love the way they cut through religous b.s. However, I often run into the atheist snob who is just sure they know all the workings of the universe. Although there seems to be less atheist snobs than religous snobs.

• donkey
    donkey

What do the follwing have in common?

Gods, goddesses, devils, demons, angels, heavens, hells, purgatories, limbos, miracles, prophecies, visions, auras, saviors, saints, virgin births, immaculate conceptions, resurrections, bodily ascensions, faith-healings, salvation, redemption, messages from the dead, voices from Atlantis, omens, clairvoyance, spirit-signals, spirit-possession, exorcisms, divine visitations, incarnations, reincarnations, second comings, judgment days, astrology horoscopes, psychic phenomena, psychic surgery, extra-sensory perception, telekinesis, second sight, voodoo, fairies, leprechauns, werewolves, vampires, zombies, witches, warlocks, ghosts, wraiths, poltergeists, dopplegangers, incubi, succubi, palmistry, tarot cards, ouija boards, levitation, out-of-body travel, magical transport to UFOs, Elvis on a flying saucer, invisible Lemurians in Mount Shasta, Thetans from a dying planet, etc., etc., etc.

• donkey
    donkey
    God is a concept by which we measure our pain. -- John Lennon, God, (1970)

That's one of the best quotes I have ever seen - trust you John!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

What do the follwing have in common?

uh, they all have at least one person on this board pimping for them?

• Satanus
    Satanus

May the force be with you. (Is that atheistic?? You don't have it on your list.) One branch of buddhism is atheist.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit