Royal Commission live streamingstarting soon!

by possum 236 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Aude: deRooy stated: My view is that 'legal' matters can be taken to court.
    What other sorts of matters would court consider. Aren't 'legal' matters the ONLY thing that courts of law consider???

Lol! I started laughing when he tried to explain "legal matters". Someone should cut that clip and call it "Law for Dummies".

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I don't know how to answer that...I don't know how to answer that question.

That's right fool, you don't.

• possum
    possum
    Geevee,I actually "came into truth" in Mareeba. Doubt that cong will be watching live streaming. Not heroes victims of persecution probably!
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JW elders have problems relating to anyone who was not subjected to WT teachings day in and day out by rod and by rote as these victims were.

They can't bully the RC into submission. So their default reponse is "I can't answer, I don't know"

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I don't know how to answer that...I don't know how to answer that question.

How is this allowable, one of the frustrating parts of this testimony is that they aren't forced to give an answer. This clown has pulled this four or five times, he is refusing to answer!

• Ozman
    Ozman

deRooy is on the ropes...lawyer is asking where in the pub's does it say to go to the police if you've been abused

• Ozman
    Ozman
    lawyer says 'you've had no specific training in child abuse have you?'
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Wow. de Rooy couldn't even scrape up one single bibble verse he may have shared to comfort BCG. Surley he could have said..."I may have shared this lovely passage from...".

But, no. Not one flipping scripture of comfort. So well bibble trained. Huh. He sure can trot out the punishment verses and the almighty LAW of the Bibble at the drop of a hat.

• Ozman
    Ozman
    Lunch is called
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

deRooy states: [paraphrased] People in the congregation understand that they are entitled to go to the police in cases of incest and child sex abuse

Female Questioner: [paraphrased]: Where does that understanding come from?

deRooy [paraphrased]: Uhhh... It's know among the congregation.

Female Questioner: [paraphrased]: But *where* does that understanding come from? Where is it written?

Common sense *could* have been the answer. But JWs do not use their own common sense. They are trained (with fear of displeasing Jehovah and ultimate destruction at Armageddon) to look to and to trust the lead of the elders and WT dictates.

Female Questioner: What training do you have as to what scriptures to use when counselling [people such as BCG]?

DeRooy: [paraphrased] I think on what would be appropriate to the case... [yadda yadda yadda]

Female Questioner: But you haven't had any *specific* training on what to do in cases of sex abuse, have you?

<Lunch Break>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit