Labeling one self "Atheist" is Unscientific

by LAWHFol 449 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    And while some of you were debating words and semantics the rest of us were having some scotch in honor of Dionysus, a drink offering

And just how do you know I wasn't having a scotch as well as educating Control?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

And the master-debating contest goes on, how many pages did you say Thor prophet _Morphues?

Dionysus has recognized and appreciates your offering Viv

whether or not the flowers believe it happened

• Viviane
    Viviane
    is directed at my intellect.
    These are examples of fanciful ways of calling someone "stupid" or "idiot"...

Seriously, stop whining because you used crappy logic. Reading back over every imagined insult where you think I rustled your jimmies is just going to make the pain worse. Also, you're boring me now.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Kind of like saying

"I conclude that you are a very knowledgeable idiot.

(Not in the insulting sense of the word.)"

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Cappy and I are gonna pop some pop corn, can you guys really get nasty now? Ratchet up the debate brutality a bit lol
  • DJS
    DJS

VIv,

He can't help it; it's penis envy.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    362 was my count
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Kind of like saying
    "I conclude that you are a very knowledgeable idiot.
    (Not in the insulting sense of the word.)"

Yeah,the main difference being that I am an adult and anonymous strangers lashing out at me in futile effort because they got emotionally invested in a logical argument is something I utterly don't give a shit about :)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I actually wasted 30 seconds of my life trying to figure out which sense of the word idiot wasn't insulting. Then i reminded myself who said it and moved on
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

@OP.

Most of your assumptions are incorrect. As other have said, atheism is not the firm belief that there is no god.

I am an atheist. I don't know if there is a god or not, perhaps there is one. However, i have not seen any reliable evidence that a god exists, so i defer to the default position of not believing in it.

If tomorrow God decides that he will finally convince us atheists that he exists, and actually gives us reliable evidence that he exists, then I will not have a problem changing my position.

Incredibly though, god insists of playing this game of making it incredibly hard to believe he exists, and so he must not be very interested in all humans becoming believers. I for one, will continue to believe in things which are based on evidence and logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit