Labeling one self "Atheist" is Unscientific

by LAWHFol 449 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I could say the same for your illogical reasoning, but I don't bring it up at every opportunity as I consider it rude...
    But if you want us sink to that level...

Well, first you'd have to show a single instance of that. Good luck in your quest.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

cappytan: Atheist vs. Agnostic is like arguing Scotch vs. Bourbon. They both develop differently and in the end, get the job done.

Stephen Colbert: Sex is like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Atheist vs. Agnostic is like arguing Scotch vs. Bourbon. They both come to fruition in similar but different methods. In the end, they both get the job done.

I know what you are saying, but have you considered that theists can be Agnostic too?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I wont bother showing you quotes where you expressed other opinions...

Oh no, not at all. If you are claiming that I have been saying anything else, then show it. Show your evidence. Put up or shut up. Man up.

This is a particular instance in which I very much want you to bother. Show your work.

Since you finally (In my opinion) understood this,

This is a perfect example of bullshit. Also a good example of how an opinion can be factually wrong.

Would you agree that since plants are atheists, body parts are atheist to?

Ramifications are conclusions or results. You asked a question. Poor use of wording and using words to mean something they don't, more evidence showing your accusations false. Thank you for playing.

(it's also another example of a class error in logic, since you mentioned posting examples of bad logic I thought I would help you out)

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Well, first you'd have to show a single instance of that. Good luck in your quest.

LOL, when you argue against a point I am making, your opinion is probably that there is a logical or factual problem with it.

Same with me, that's why we discuss, to make the other person see their error.

We would both be of the opinion that the other person is illogical/making illogical statements.

What you are saying is based on your opinion. So would my "insults" be.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Ramifications are conclusions or results. You asked a question. Poor use of wording and using words to mean something they don't, more evidence showing your accusations false. Thank you for playing.
    (it's also another example of a class error in logic, since you mentioned posting example of bad logic I thought I would help you out)

All of these are perfect examples of: ad hominem.

You are avoiding the question/questions.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    LOL, when you argue against a point I am making, your opinion is probably that there is a logical or factual problem with it.

Hmmm... so, that's a really ignorant thing to say, since you have literally no way of knowing my opinions or what they probably are.

Same with me, that's why we discuss, to make the other person see their error.

You're making an incorrect assumption about me as your premise.

We would both be of the opinion that the other person is illogical/making illogical statements.

Again a baseless assumption. It is not my opinion that you are using bad logic. It is an observable fact.

What you are saying is based on your opinion. So would my "insults" be.

Or, you know, my education and training in the formal use of logic and construction of arguments.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    You're making an incorrect assumption about me as your premise.

No, you have expressed issues with my logic several times.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Perhaps we need to ask if atheism is choice or a description. If its a choice then plants are not atheist. Neither are babies. If atheism is a description of someone or something that does not believe in god then i am not confident it applies to either plants or babies as i have not interviewed either of them on their view point.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    All of these are perfect examples of: ad hominem.

And know we know that you don't know what an ad hominem fallacy it. An ad hominem is an attack on YOU personally. I purely addressed the comments you made, therefore, despite how you personally felt, it was not an ad hominem fallacy.

(that, by the way, is an example of proper logic)

You are avoiding the question/questions.

Not at all. You said you had a ramification to show me. I've no way of reading your mind and knowing if you think a question is a ramification, the reverse, meant to show me a ramification and then ask a question but forgot to show the relevant ramification, if you realized you were making a class error in your logic, etc. I'm under no obligation to answer a question when it makes zero sense.

Validly construct your question without a class error and I will be happy to answer it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit