I Need To Gain Weight??

by Dutchie 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Wow, Willdabeerman. 20 pounds in less than two months. Good for you. Were you very thin?

Kelpie, very funny.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    I am 5'5" and I weigh 100 pounds.

You are bragging, right? Just teasing.

Dutchie, when you are in your mid-30s, your metabolism will slow down and you will gain those pounds. The main thing is how you think you look and feel.

Richard, who is definitely not thin

• CBeMe
    CBeMe

Dutchie

I am your same height and have been below 100lbs. As long as you are eating a healthy, well balanced diet, and are feeling well. Take the Dr's suggestion as just that, a suggestion. Keep it in mind that maybe gaining a little might not be a bad thing, but you don't have to.

Personally, at 104lbs I wear a size #1 and at 124lbs I wear a size #3. But I have a low body fat ratio. The Dr always tells me I look skinny for my weight! I prefer to stay above 104lbs, though as long as I am healthy I don't worry about it too much. Right now, I'm well above.

If you do decide to try and gain, go about it in the best way for you. Just as losing weight is different for each individual, so is gaining. I can eat all the sweets and junk food I want and never gain. I burn it off too fast. I do better eating a well balanced diet includeing protein and carbs in appropriate servings.

Good luck,

CBeMe

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hu CBeMe, thanks for the good suggestions. I buy a size 1 but it's really too big. I prefer a 0 but they are hard to find. Do you know a store called Zena? They specialiaze in small sizes for women. I shop in there a lot. Too bad we don't live close to one another. We could exchange clothes.

Edited by - Dutchie on 17 November 2002 23:55:39

• LB
    LB

Aaaah such a problem to have. I think I'd switch doctors. What's the old saying, you can't be too rich or too thin?? Not true, but still.

Princess has you on the right track. I would think that adding muscle mass is preferable to adding fat. Maybe you are one of those that needs to slow down a little on the aerobics and pick up on weights or working the machines?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

LB, I agree, but I love those aerobic classes. The music, the action, the routines. Love it. However, I just do the toning classes and not the weight loss classes.

• SYN
    SYN

A couple of pushups every night should sort you out, plus some crunches.

Now drop & gimme 20!

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Dutchie..you can bulk up by using weight machines at your gym..(sounds like that is what your doing) The trick is to move the weights slowly...people that want to slim down use lighter weights and faster reps.

I can't believe your doctor doesn't know that working out on weights not only builds muscle it also makes your bones stronger...These docs need a refresher course.

Edited by - rubytuesday on 18 November 2002 12:55:10

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well thanks Dutchie --

Goldeen Girl (((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))I know how you must be enduring((((((HUG)))))

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Dutchie, you need to gain weight and I need to lose weight. What I suggest we do is go to the doctor's office, get some tube, stick one end in you and the other in me, and pump some of my excess fat into you. I think we both will be happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit