I Need To Gain Weight??

by Dutchie 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I think 100 pounds for someone 5'5" is definitely a bit on the "too thin" side. I would recommend that we hook up a machine, and suck some of the fat out of me and put it in you!

If anyone else is too thin, I can certainly help you out.

If you find it hard to gain weight, I would recommend eating more balanced meals. A hershey bar and a banana isn't really that great.

Try eating a larger breakfast, say, oatmeal with cream and some sugar.........use whole milks, eat lots of nuts. They're high in fat but it's a good kind of fat. Avacados are very high in fat, but it's very nutritious. Use olive oils when you cook.

You may want to get your doctor to check your thyroid. You could have an overactive one which could be causing the problem.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

The suggestion of giveing you a pill...really makes my blood boil!! Did he even bother to suggest certain foods to eat..did he take the time?I doubt it. He says you need to gain just five pounds...doesnt sound life threating to me. I think you should get another doctor.

• Valis
    Valis

Hey Dutch, perhaps this set of articles has some practical advice for you..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Dutchie
    Dutchie
    ,,,,,,my mom looked like a toothpick with skin over it

Ugg, hahahahahahahahah

Hi Ruby, yes he is an older doctor and when I told hom I go to the gym to workout he was absolutely flabbergasted. Even when I told him it was just to tone up he still could not understand it.

Celia, no I don't have any health problems. I feel good and I feel strong too.

Mary, you crack me up!

• JH
    JH

think BIG

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have 70 lbs I would gladly donat!!!! But all kidding aside- My daughter was very thin-The Dr suggested I give her pills-I didn't -but the Druggest suggested "WEIGHT ON CARAMELS" they used to sell them in Montreal( I live in Ontario now) I gave them to my daughter --She gained weight!!

Unfortunatly today she tries to lose weight-she is over weight.If I were you I would be greatful your slim...THIN IS IN!!!! But maybe an eggnog or two would help!!!

• Francois
    Francois

Well, here's something you can do to put on weight fast. Put heavy whipping cream in your coffee or tea, use real butter on your veggies. In other words, use milk fats to put on weight. I can look at a box of whipping cream and gain half a pound.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I wish I had your problem. I can look at food and gain weight. I am on a diet right now nad it is so hard to take the weight off.

I too am 5'5" and at 135 I was told I looked anorexic(sp) I have since put on weight and want to get back to at least 140. I weigh 170 now.

Shari

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Thank you Valis. That was really nice of you. Good information too.

Mouthy, you look teriffic. Never change.

Francois, maybe part of the problem is that I don't like fatty foods. I hardly ever eat meat but I love veggies. At dinner I eat the side dishes, the potatoes, the vegetables, maybe some bread. Just the thought of whipped cream makes me a little queasy.

Edited by - Dutchie on 17 November 2002 12:16:34

• Valis
    Valis

I was going to add that small amounts of working w/weights will add to muscle mass which is what you really want Dutchie...not just just a higher body fat count. Even doing simple exercises w/free weights you can lift comfortably will do the trick as well.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit