I Need To Gain Weight??

by Dutchie 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Only when the need presents itself.

However, for you, I'll carry a box around everwhere you go and feed you one on request.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 17 November 2002 15:9:2

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Thin is in Dutchie. It's also healthy. If you do decide to follow your doctor's advice to put on a few pounds then put on a few pounds of lean muscle and not just *weight*.

I've always been super-thin myself and unable to gain weight. Now for a guy, that's not a good thing to be 6' and only weigh 130 pounds. I went through the high-carb diets, protein shakes, supplements, andro, you name it. The only thing that put weight on me, about 15 pounds in 2 weeks, was my last weight gain program. I ate a full breakfast, a protein bar mid-morning, a full lunch, a protein bar mid-afternoon, a full dinner, and carb drinks with the protein bars. And I took 2 Dianabol 5mg tablets a day. Dianabol is an oral anabolic steroid. Soon as I ended the Dianabol cycle and resumed normal eating habits the pounds fell off in a few days.

So I just said screw it, I am what I am.

Mike.

p.s. Before anyone goes into a lecture on steroids, I did a lot of research before I took the pills. The maximum safe dosage of Dinabol is 20mg/day. I took 10mg/day every other day. No zits, no hair loss, no boobs, and I finished the cycle with Ovinum, an anti-estrogen because a cycle of 'roids does increase the estrogen level in a man's body.

Mike.

Edited by - bendrr on 17 November 2002 15:16:48

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Thanks Bendrr.

Aw Els, you're so sweet.

• Patriot
    Patriot

This guys info. might help you....

http://www.musclegaintips.com/

Although he refers to muscles its the same concept for weight.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

My hubby has cancer. He was losing weight so I read some of the literature in the oncologists office. They promoted a drink in a can called "Boost". They have one that has many vitamins and helps add weight. I think it is called "Boost plus". It comes in Chocolate or vanilla or strawberry. He likes the chocolate one and he fills a glass with vanilla Ice cream..not ice milk..and makes a shake out of it. He does this after each meal. 3 a day. He has stopped losing weight and that is pretty good for a cancer patient!. So you mght give that a try if you like chocolate milk and ice cream. He also drinks the vanilla one and puts chocolate ice cream in it!...

We get it free..3 cases a month from an organizaton called Perigrine society..I believe it is a Cathoic organizaion!..Like a JW would do that!

It is a supplement drink and it is usually about 5 or 6 dollars for 6 cans. I'm glad we get it free!

My daughter is very thin also. But she always felt good.Now she has been sick and she lost 20 pounds. She has nothing to go on.She is about 5'6 and weighs 95 or 100 pounds! I think it is good to have just a little too much ..not a lot..at least something to fall back on..if you do get sick! Also..just because you feel good now..your organs could be suffering. You may not feel it until later! Light menstral periods are a warning sign!(Sorry about that!)

Hope you add just a few...

Snoozy....

Edited by - Golden Girl on 17 November 2002 17:8:23

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Thanks Snoozy. Boost sounds good.

Patriot, I hope I don't get muscles like that guy!

Edited by - Dutchie on 17 November 2002 17:17:39

• Princess
    Princess

Dutchie, I worry about an older doctor who is flabbergasted that you workout at the gym. My doctor was thrilled that I workout regularly and added that I shouldn't try to lose weight.

I was just looking at a weight chart and you are definitely underweight for your height, however, if your gym has the ability to do a body fat analysis you will be able to tell if you need to gain fat or lean muscle. If your gym doesn't do that, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a place that does for a small fee. Just adding calories isn't going to help if you need to gain muscle. It's the kind of calories that are important along with weight training. You don't have to build huge muscles, just tone and eat properly to support the muscle growth. I can point you to some web sites if you are interested, but I think a body fat analysis is important before you start adding calories.

Rachel

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Thanks Princess.

I am going to the gym tomorrow and will ask for a body fat analysis then. Now I'm curious. I wonder what it is.

The doctor seemed to feel that my going to the gym was contributing to my being underweight. I go just so that I won't be flabby and jiggle when I walk. Plus I now have a nice little muscles on my arms (my kids call them "bumps").

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

i have a super fast metabolisim. i hate it. i started using creatine and protein shakes(eas sports is what i use.just go to gnc.or gnc.com.). i put on 20 lbs in a lil less than 2 mnths.but the key is to work out while ur taking it.cuz u can get fat or u can get built.good luck.

• kelpie
    kelpie

Do you think I can email you some of mine???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit