JW/HLC visit to our hospital

by ScoobySnax 48 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Yesterday Jehovahs Witnesses and the Hospital Liason Committee visited our hospital to donate a Blood Cell saver machine which had been funded by the local congregations in our county of Kent in England. A buffet lunch was provided, along with 4 talks to a large audience of Surgical and Medical Consultants, Anaetheologists, Paedatricians, and Obstetraticians (sp!) about the future of blood and the transfusion of such products. It was such a positive experience to hear colleagues afterwards speak so favourably of JWs and their efforts to assist in those who request non-blood management in surgical procedures, whether thay be JW or not. Despite being inactive in my faith, I, for one applaud the effort made by the Witnesses and the HLC. The Press and Media were there to record the handing over of the blood cell saver machine, which is a marvelous piece of technology in itself. A following question and answer session was given after the presentations and video show, and a lively discussion ensued. The HLC and JWs deserve praise for the efforts made.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sorry, I just can't get enthusiastic about this. Maybe it's just me, but everything they do gags me.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Its ok Mulan.....I guess many here will agree with you. I was just informing about what occured.

• Prisca
    Prisca

What does a blood cell saver do, exactly?

Do many JWs go to that hospital?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Prisca..... In basic terms....A blood cell saver machine sucks up blood from the bleeding recipitent (maybe from a surgical procedure or a trauma event) via a suction catheter, deposits it into a centrafugal filter which seperates the red blood cells, filters them and collects the oxygenated blood which in turn is re-infused directly back into the patient creating a sealed link of re-infusion of the patients "own" blood, removing the need to infuse donor blood.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    The HLC and JWs deserve praise for the efforts made.

Hi. It is nice to see the jws do something nice for the community for a change. That is so rare. We don't often see them donating food or shelter or any other essential humanitarian services to anyone but other witnesses, so for them to donate a machine seems out of character, but hey, who's to look a gift horse in the mouth?

However, this act of altruism, for me anyway, is nothing compared to the deaths of all those people who died from not taking blood transfusions (and organ donations too, before there was 'new light' on that. Oh, and 'new light' on vaccinations, too. WAIT, I forgot the 'new light' on blood fractions, like albumin. They were once forbidden, but now they're OK.)

What finally got me was the special WT or Awake mag with all the pictures celebrating the dead children who died not taking blood. Yes, what a loving God is Jah. I got the creeps so bad I'm not over it yet. Can you imagine the look on householder's faces when they found THAT issue shoved under their door? "Oh yeah, I really want to join that religion! Sign me up!"

What WILL the society do with old copies of that magazine when they finally get the inevitable 'new light' on the whole blood issue??

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    creating a sealed link of re-infusion of the patients "own" blood

and why would that be allowed by the JWs when I understand that they can't even donate their own blood for use later by themselves?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

DoubleEdge..........thats exactly what I was trying to say....while donation and prolonged storage, and then re-infusion of blood by JWs may not be acceptable.....the cell saver machine removes that dilemna. A continous "circuit" is maintained by this machine from extraction to re-infusion allowing witnesses to accept, as the "link" is not broken Of course the cell saver has as great an implicational benefit for those of the non-witness faith who would prefer not to accept donor blood.

• LB
    LB

Just more fine print from the society. Continuous circuit??? Yeah ok. Still outside of the body. Blood is either supposed to be poured out on the ground or not. Sometimes I think this need to be different from everyone else is the most evil thing they do.

Well, maybe not

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    while donation and prolonged storage, and then re-infusion of blood by JWs may not be acceptable.....the cell saver machine removes that dilemna. A continous "circuit" is maintained by this machine from extraction to re-infusion allowing witnesses to accept, as the "link" is not broken

Do you really believe God means this to be so complicated? What about all the people who died before this technology became available?

What's the DIFFERENCE if oxygen hits your own blood, or it becomes temporarily separated from you, before it goes back into your body? Is Jehovah really so PICKY? Don't you think He has better things to do than say, "AHA! The continuous circuit was broken! That person is now written out of my book of Life!"

Think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit