JW/HLC visit to our hospital

by ScoobySnax 48 Replies latest watchtower medical

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

I sorry, but to me this is nothing more than PR and spin control from Brooklyn. They are doing this to redeem themselves in the eyes of the public nothing more.

Anton

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

damned thing sounds a fur peice away form "pouring the blood on the ground and covering with dust".

Yep, what a self serving bunch-- a damned transfusion will save folks too. Showboatin' bastards.

Pistoff--amen Bro.

I am saying, scooby, that this machine is primarily for witnesses, that the witnesses will not, have never (as an organization) given to charity unless it's own members are the primary benefactors. I am glad that this machine will help people, whatever their religion.

My main point is that it is self serving and dishonest for this religion, of which I AM a member, to give this machine and blow their trumpet about it as they did. Their motives are not for the good of the community at large; this gift primarily was given to save the lives of witnesses to the limitations of it's design and indicated benefits. The organization I grew up with, the WTS, and live with now, is not concerned with the community at large, and does not encourage it's members to give to charity as a major part or even minor part of their worship. I have a business, I send around the United Way envelope and all I get is, "oh, don't they fund abortions, or don't they have a political wing."

Sorry-not a genuine act of charity-- the Watchtower is self-serving... I am glad you have the technology

available in your community.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

You know what, I sort of realised by now that this is the wrong place to post about what I have, of course my enthusiasm isn't shared here. I don't agree with the posts you have made in reply, and I wonder what has happened to those who have replied, how awful to become so bitter. Of course this machine will benefit both Witnesses and non-witnesses in our area, however this you will not see, your posts bear that out, such is your hatred for anything that has any connection to the JWs..... that you fail to see beyond that. Everything you accuse the Witnesses of as regards to riddicule negativity and shunning you have become, so much of that here is prevalent. Funny that those in attendance at the presentation were so different, willing to listen with open minds, of course they've never been JW and you would tell them different that they were somehow misled about this "dangerous" cult, Of course there will always be sensible honest intelligent people out there who will see through that as yesterday demonstrated, such a shame that that isn't evident here.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Dear Scooby,

I am sorry that you are offended by several comments above. Some of us have had extensive experience in the JW world and with the blood issue. I will try to respond more tomorrow when I have the time.

It is obvious that you are a sincere person. I for one am glad that you posted this topic. If the WTS was behind this donation, it marks a first of its kind, I think. That makes it interesting!

Later,

Sam

• AlanF
    AlanF

I thoroughly agree with Pistoff's comments. The Watchtower organization has not donated the cell saver machine due to concern for the community, but strictly out of concern for its own interests. While cell saver technology is a great thing, and minimizing the use of blood products in general is excellent medical practice, the Witnesses' involvement with these things is not due to medical concerns or concern for the community. It is due entirely to the bad press they have received over the years for their overly stupid, religiously based policy on blood. I wouldn't be surprised if this is an attempt to gain good publicity to counteract the massive bad publicity they've recently received in the U.K. over their horrendous child molestation practices.

The fact that the Witnesses' have no concern for the community is easy to demonstrate with a thought experiment: If they had no policy against using blood products, would they now be donating a cell saver machine to that community? No! Do the Witnesses contribute to any communities around the world in any substantive manner? No! At least, not unless their own interests are served in some way.

AlanF

• Xena
    Xena

Thank you for your post Scooby, it is nice to know that now some JW's won't have to die serving their God. That knowledge alone is worth much!

On a personal note it is good to know about such equipment. I would rather used my own blood than have a transfusion due to the complications that can arise.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Thanks Scooby, personally i see no reason for looking a gift horse in the mouth. This is a good thing, let the bigots be bigoted, that's what makes 'em happy.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

scooby:

It may help you to wonder:

Why would so many react so strongly to this news? Do they have more experience with this group than you, and do they have more information about the group than you?

I don't consider myself a bigot; I do recognize hypocrisy when I see it though, and this is very hypocritical to me, that an HLC would donate a machine with such a specific focus, namely a device that allows blood salvage without breaking the "link" or flow, something that is tailor made for a witness.

• blondie
    blondie

If the WTS was behind this PR (I haven't seen the article but they have done this in the past), then they have violated Bible principles:

Matthew 6Giving to the Needy

1 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
    2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

If the motive of the WTS was to benefit the community, they could have given the equipment anonymously. Obviously, their motive was to "be honored by men" to be viewed in a more favorable light.

• scotsman
    scotsman

Paying for Cell Savers has been on the go in the UK for the last couple of years. It is not backed by the WTS but is permitted by them if local witnesses wish to raise the funds. Congregations are not permitted to remove money from their local accounts but a separate donation box can be set up or one meeting a month be set aside for donations. Can you tell I was the accounts servant? I knew of a number of witnesses who didn't approve and didn't donate but there were obviously a number who thought differently. Even amongst the Dubs things are not B&W.

They don't donate to hospitals for the PR but are glad of any positive PR that results, and they don't do it for the good of the community but for their own benefit but it can't be denied that the community do benefit. In the actual event they get very little publicity for the donations, normally just the local press.

And I think the NHS can do with all the donations they can get these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit