JW/HLC visit to our hospital

by ScoobySnax 48 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thank you for the post Scooby. Do not be put off by a little adverse reaction. The mark of a successful thread is the number of replies that it receives.

I was going to ask about the funding for this ,for I have heard of such things in the UK, but Scotsman has explained that now.

I personally welcome this news . If just one life is saved by it then it has to be a good thing. But I also have reservations about the motives . I am sure that dubs from all over the South will want to come to your hospital for surgery if they can.

Purple V - Well said!

Pistoff - I understand your position , you may have to take time to back off gradually but like a lot of us , it will happen.

• rocky220
    rocky220

Basically the blood of many misled JW's that have died are on WTS' hands...due to misinterpretation and arrogance, now they are spinning their own rules and apparently softening their grip, but in the long run it wont change the outcome, even the most deadhead JW will start to wonder what all the changes are about, and the insanity of it all.....especially the relatives of the dead victims of this ridiculous rule.

rocky220

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    Jehovahs Witnesses may die because of their refusal to accept a blood transfusion, but that is there personal choice, to them they are maintaing there faith and trust in Jehovah, to them that is paramount. I'm not in a position to deny them of that....are you?

No, I'm not, and didn't mean to imply that I was. My only objective was to point out that it's NOT a personal choice, they are obeying the WTS. If the WTS said tomorrow blood was OK they'd accept it. If they changed their minds again a year from now and said it's NOT OK, they'd refuse it. Because they believe if they don't obey the society their everlasting life is in jeapordy.

It's also not much of a personal choice either, if when they DO decide to accept blood (their personal choice, right?) they will be disfellowshipped and shunned and lose family and friends and be told they will die at Armageddon. Some "personal" choice, if an organization is allowed to nose in on it. Do you know, when my father was receiving albumin ("allowed," actually) in the ICU, some JW nurse called the elders to report it? Personal choice indeed.

They're not maintaining faith in trust in Jehovah, but to an organization.

And speaking about being in a position to deny anything... why are JW parents allowed to be in a position to refuse blood for a child and let this child die? That's not the child's personal choice. And I can't imagine God being happy about the deaths of these innocents.

Please, don't take this personally, I'm rather glad you posted this, because it IS interesting. I just can't let the opportunity pass to point out the hypocrisy.

Hugs 2 U,

PurpleV

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Well said Blondie!

Don't think I will add anymore comments since Scooby has not bothered to respond to any of the recent thoughtful posts added to the thread she started.

Sam

• JT
    JT
    What WILL the society do with old copies of that magazine when they finally get the inevitable 'new light' on the whole blood issue??

THIS IS A deep point, but they will used the tried and tested trick

THEY DIED FAITH BASED ON THE KNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAD AT THE TIME

and for so many jw they will nod thier heads in agreement, for others that will be the straw that breaks the camel back and they are out of wt

• JT
    JT
    Why can't you for once take off your "kill the WT view" at any point reasoning??

interesting question and point, yet the WT does exactly the same thing for over 130 the wt has always focused on what is WRONG with other folks religion, so if someone does the same to them all of a sudden it becomes WRONG?

• JT
    JT

The WTS declined to provide the money claiming their role was that of a religious organisation, not a medical one. IIRC, that directive came from Brooklyn.

#########

Excellent point, any effort by local bro to raise money for ANYTHING not approved by wt for the Community HAS ALWAYS BEEN SHOT DOWN WITH THE EXPLANATION GIVEN ABOVE

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Jehovahs Witnesses and the Hospital Liason Committee visited our hospital to donate a Blood Cell saver machine which had been funded by the local congregations in our county of Kent in England. A buffet lunch was provided, along with 4 talks

Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. -- Matt. 6:1

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    A continous "circuit" is maintained by this machine from extraction to re-infusion allowing witnesses to accept, as the "link" is not broken

This machine will only be good for the jw's who lose blood while on the opperating table, but no use for the ones who lose blood while in route to the hospital. They will still have to refuse blood if they do not want to be Df'd.

To me, this is just one more "showy display" that the WTS provides in order to look good in the eye's of the "world."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Their motives are not for the good of the community at large; this gift primarily was given to save the lives of witnesses to the limitations of it's design and indicated benefits.

I agree with that. If there were to be no Dubs to benefit from this machine, do we really think that this HLC would have provided it?

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit