My DA was announced

by LB 41 Replies latest jw friends

• bay64me
    bay64me

I was just wondering what had happened about your da letter that you sent off to them. Did you get some sort of solicitors letter to back up what you were saying? Did you not hear anymore from them after they recieved the letter?

I read your last post on this matter with great interest. One day soon I'd like to think that I could do something similar.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    One of the girls that we took to Maui a few years ago just called to invite us to her wedding. Jill let her know about my DAing. She said to come anyway but I won't. Jill can attend for the both of us.

LB, if this girl [was] is a friend then you should go to her wedding. The Empire accepted your resignation and forbade your dub friends to talk to you but that shouldn't end friendships as far as you're concerned. She wants you to attend her wedding and see her get married. If she was your friend then she is your friend until she says otherwise and even then sometimes that friendship lives on in the heart of one or the other. Go to the wedding. Whatever happens the regret of missing it will be worse.

Mike.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Now you are a full fledged down on paper apostate. Of course that is probably what most people will think anyway........weither you let on to any questions about the WT, that seems to be the only explanation why anyone would leave. Congrats on making it final for yourself ,, it was a strange feeling for me ,,,, especailly the first weeks, but I don't regret it at all.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Wow, LB, now you've gone and done it. Just had to disassociate yourself didn't you? Couldn't leave well enough alone could you?

GOOD FOR YOU!

• Francois
    Francois

Don't you wish you coulda blown it up instead of burn it down?

• Salud
    Salud

Congrats LB,

You mentioned last summer you were going to do this. So when does the tree go up???

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

congrats

• Sabine
    Sabine

Good for you LB!!

This inspires me to think more seriously about it myself. I had a very depressing visit with long time jw friends over the weekend. I've been using the excuse that I want to keep lines of communication open with a few remaining jw friends, but I just wasn't able to say the things I know they needed to hear because I could tell they had their apostate-radar way up. They have to be ready to hear the truth about the truth, if what happened to me isn't enough to make parents of teens (which my friends are) think, I don't know what could.

PS: I'll be in Maui for Christmas and spring break in late May. I'd love to congratulate you in person in paradise.

Love to you and Jill,

Sabine

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

LB Now your the Cats Meow!! And by the way did I tell you that you are good lookin. I saw your pixs on another thread and you are sweet as honey. CONGRATULATIONS YOU FREE BOY YOU!!

Love

Orangefatcat,

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Prisca he wrote a DA letter, hello?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit