HOW LONG WERE YOU A JW?

by hamptonite21 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

I did 5,381 years between my birth and 25 years of age.

(Well, it SEEMED that long.)

• onacruse
    onacruse

Baptized in 62, latest and very last "departure" in 00.

38 of my 50 years, not counting the first 10 being raised a JW.

The next 50 ain't gonna be the same, NOOOOOOOO way!

Craig

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Way to long. Should have left sooner.

• LB
    LB

Only 5 active years. The past 3 I've been inactive and I sent in my DA letter two weeks ago. They still haven't announced me yet. I'm anxious to be rid of them, officially.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

0-29. Babtized at 12. Out and free for the past 2 years. WOOHOO!!!!

• kelpie
    kelpie

parents started studying when i was 7

Baptized when i was 12.

All up 18 years

• Farkel
    Farkel

Shortly-after-Birth to almost 1973. Twenty-four precious years spent learning worthless crap, spending 3 worthless years pioneering and selling Watchtower books that were out of date doctrinewise before they were out-of-print.

I used to laugh that we had to buy and sell Watchtower books that were promoting "old" (bullshit) "light" with "new" (new bullshit) "light."

We had to study that masterpiece of insanity "Babylon the Grape Has Fallen! God's Kingdom Rules!" three different times when I was a dub. Nobody understood a single page of that book and neither did Fred Franz, who also wrote it. I remember being a Book Study conductor while we were slogging through that book and after about 4 pages of that crap during the one hour we had to "study" and after doing my best to help people to understand the non-understandable I would ask the brothers and sisters what they thought of the "study." They almost always said: "I learned some very good 'points,' but it is just so "spiritually deep." Even then I knew in my heart-of-hearts what they were really saying was "I don't understand anything I wasted my hour trying to study, therefore I'm stupid, but I can't let everyone else know how stupid I am." Fact is, they weren't stupid at all: shit is shit, and anyone who tries to make sense out of that is not stupid at all. Shit is always shit, and one should never feel guilty for trying to make shit into anything other than shit. Let alone "spiritually deep."

"Spiritually Deep" = incomprehensible bullshit. That's a fact.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 14 November 2002 0:22:2

• CBeMe
    CBeMe

Lets see... ages 2-18, so 16 years. Never baptised though.
    -C

• sutor
    sutor

Baptised in 1991; dfed in 1999.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Birth to 22 Baptized at 13 (1990) been out 3 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit