HOW LONG WERE YOU A JW?

by hamptonite21 77 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

birth till 96, become mostly inactive, attending occ meeting, No service since late 80's.47 now

• Prisca
    Prisca

Born and bred a JW - 30 yrs.

• zev
    zev

40 years in.

one out. best year of my life too. in more ways than one

• Matty
    Matty

Z

e v , h a p p y b i r t h d a y !

Looking at Kent's forum (me being one of only about three people these days!!!) has it's benefits!!

Me? All *mumbles* years of my life unfortunately!

Edited by - matty on 14 November 2002 4:57:7

• alfie
    alfie

I started studying Sept./76,was baptized Jan./77, stopped Jan./2000

alfie

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Born: 1940

First door-to-door: 1946

Baptised: 1955

DF'ed: Approx. 1988 (I blew the whistle on a bunch of elders and got them removed. Hehehehe!)

LoneWolf

Edited by - LoneWolf on 14 November 2002 5:4:5

• redorc
    redorc

From about nine yearsof age until I left at age 18 only nine years, but it still managed to ruin my life.

Farkel you sound as bitter and twisted as I feel.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

I doubt I lasted a year. Honestly, the time may've been only four months. Not much longer.

• Perry
    Perry

That Babylon book was deep alright! It was released the year I was born and I remember going through it in a book study when I was around 9. Already an avid reader even at that early age, I remember how unreadable the book really was.

Just for nostalgia, I pulled that book out a couple years ago and thumbed through the pages. They we filled with some of the best doodles ever drew! I found one doodle of a camel taking a dump. I remember my brother ratting on me to dad for it. I expected the usual whipping for being foolish. Dad just looked at it and asked if I thought that is was funny. Then, he just dropped the subject.

Perhaps he understood the prophetic nature of my doodle and thought that the book was crap too? Looking back, no doubt he made the connection between the typical representation of crap and its anti-typical modern-day counterpart - the babylon book.

Fred Franz..... you psycho destroyer of childhood....argh!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

2 years. i'm glad it was only a short period of time, and that i had not been completely brainwashed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit