HOW LONG WERE YOU A JW?

by hamptonite21 77 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

THIS THREAD IS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

when i stop and think of all the Dr, Lawyers, Dentist, Air Line Pilots, Dancers, movie stars , country western singers, R&B, CEOs , Scienctist, etc that many of us could have been YEARS AGO- set with nice retirements ahead of us,

instead here we are many back in college, many trying to play catch up with savings and retirement, some our health ain't what it used to be, yet we are happier than we have ever been in our life,

while i'm sure all of us would in someway or another WOULD love to have the above, yet we have something that has no price-- FREEDOM

• ambush22
    ambush22

from birth untill 1996

• Angst
    Angst

Born and raised as one....dipped at 14...regular pioneer at 18...first public talk at 19....Bethel at 19...Kicked out of Bethel on my 21st b-day for underage drinking (obviously prior to my 21st b-day)...gradually stopped going over the next four years

• shera
    shera

Started to study around 18,baptized at 22 and left at 22

• alamb
    alamb

parents got bp'd when i was 4.....first talk at 5....molested at 6-8....pioneer and bp'd at 15.....molested 13-19....pioneer, elder's wife 21-37.....brain started working...out at 38.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

I was about 1 when my mom and dad started studying. I never baptized! Around 23, began my descent outward thanks to discussion boards and then slowly exited over the next 2 years.

LucidSky * wishing for my teen years back *

• Mac
    Mac

birth til 33yrs.

mac

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

Born into a family with an inactive JW mother and non-JW father - 9/48

Baptized at age 22 - 1/71

Disassociated at age 45 - 3/94

So, as far as being totally "in" the JWs, 23 years, but counting my exposure of 22 years to them through my inactive mother and very active uncle, there were more JW practices than non-JW practices in my childhood and early adult years.

So, I guess you could say I was essentially a JW for 45 years.

• Quotes
    Quotes

"Born into The Truth (TM)" = 1967

Craptized = 1985 (5 days before my 18th birthday)

"Married in The Truth (TM)" = 1989 (at age 21)

Started to became "spiritually weak (TM)" = 1990

Unofficially, privately, decided this was not a faith I could believe in = 1995 to 1996

Officially declared my DA, just minutes (literally) before they DF'd me = January 12, 1998

So offically, that makes over 30 years in (since birth) and over 12 years between my craptism and my offical liberation from cultic mind control.

• proandcon
    proandcon

baptized in 1985...age 35

bought it all...hook , line and sinker...fast track

walked away...Oct 1997...after thinking...still walking

5 kids...3 out ; 2 still in; wife in

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit