Why...

by Simon 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tina
    Tina

fp,
    Why is it when people hear something they dont want to face ,they accuse the messenger of being 'bitter' that's a JW 'buzzword'. I am in no way bitter.
    And yes you are repressed in the cong. you just dont realize it,or want to see it as it really is. You just may be a follower. And you obviously dont mind others doing your thinking for you. Sad. And no ,jw wives do not have more freedom- you chat with other fundamentalists who are bible literalists as well. You're very close to branch davidian,only the kool aid is missing.
    If you're not brow beaten tell me this.
    Doesnt the society instruct you on behavior,dress,who to fellowship with,who not. Doesnt the society instruct you on what is 'proper entertainment'.Arent you warned against what you can read and listen too. Aren't you instructed on who and how to date,in fact who you should marry? And if you made your own decisions on these,wouldnt you be looked down on as spiritually weak,not good association,blah blah blah. They've got you so hoodwinked that you have it good. The blinders are still on.
    Do you know how many times jw's,when presented with information they dont want to hear call others 'bitter?' ALl the time,that buzzword has been indoctrinated into you along with many others.
    Im not picking on you. This is an open forum. If somebody posts,its open to challenge and comment. If you're going to say women in the org have it fine,believe me,I wont be the only one challenging that nonsense,,,,I bet if I post this on the main forum,you'll see many many comments similar to mine.The blinders are off many of us. We see the org for what it really is...thats honesty,not bitterness.

• Wayne
    Wayne

Hi Tina

Once more I'll state that Jehovah is the one making an estimate of hearts and he does NOT discriminate against women. I think the Apostle Paul shares a little of the responsibility for this kind of thinking behind these though processes of the org--right or wrong.

It is refreshing to note that many sisters will be among the Kings Priests and Judges who will be the public administrators of the new system and not the society--a legal entity.

Man has indeed dominated man to his injury. And this is the same everywere. I'll wait for the new system.

Regards

• Tina
    Tina

wayne,
    Im talking about the watchtower society and its interpretation of the scriptures,its policies.
    If jeh doesnt discriminate,why are there no women on the governing body? SInce you say they'll rule along with men. Why wouldnt equality be shown now? Tina

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Wayne, what you said here doesn't make any sense at all. What dichotomy? What is a 'skeward'?

Lots of words, but dern if I can figger out the content, brother. Try plain laguage, using lots of big words doesn't make you sound smarter.

Try picking one topic and sticking to it. We can follow much easier that way.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Wayne

THIS IS the new system and you only have 999 yrs and 360 days to go........

get use to it............you are not perfect ..you have to go all that time with no sin ....BROTHER...........better practice that self control.............and thickening the skin..........

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Tina,
    I never said you were bitter. I said you seemed angry. And I am not coming from whatever "JW" buzzword you say, but I feel the tone of your posts to me, as angry.

Let's get some things straight. The society can only make suggestions on what they think "Christians" should do. However, my husband and I read what we like, watch what we like and don't feel we have to run and tell the elders what we do. These things are done in the privacy of our own home. We also do not feel we must ask the elders or the WTS when to go pee, alright? I do not care if they should ever tell me we are weak spritiually because that is not for them to decide anyway. The only thing they can tell us is their opinion--which wouldn't be a fact. I know who my judge is and that is Jehovah God because I know that He sees all.

Fundamentalists are not the only people I talk to. I have been on message boards with athesists and agnostics. I was also on another messsage board where I was defending deists, atheists and agnostics against fundamentalists.

I listen to local and national talk radio. I like to hear what other people think and believe. I am interested in humanity and where it's going. I watched the presidental election coverage and stayed with it until Geo. Bush became president. I watched all the court proceedings, here in Fla as well as the Supreme Court.

You can put this discussion on the main forum if you like. You seem to think I am discounting everything you say. That can't be farther from the truth. All I am telling you is about my experience, and I have had over 41 years of it. I have already posted some things on the main forum as to why my hubby isn't an elder anymore, also about books I have read recently in the 10 popular books or whatever the name of the folder is. Also I mentioned that one of our former CO's, after he got out of the circuit work due to health reasons, came to a hard realization that the "real world" that the COs, DOs and brothers at the society haven't lived in, is a tough world to live in, because he saw many in his cong., with problems on top of problems.

I have a JW friend that I have conversations with and we discuss our concerns not just about the org, but Biblical matters and Bible writers, and realizing that things Jesus said came secondhand. We wonder about certain passages in the Bible should be actually attributed to Jesus, etc.

I have a good friend who says she is atheist, but I think is more agnostic. Be that as it may, I am glad to know her. She lives an hour's drive from me, and I go visit once a month and she buys lunch. We talk on the phone too.

So you may think I am hoodwinked. Go ahead if it makes you feel better. But you still don't know my thoughts because you don't know my mind.

---
    In time the savage bull doth bear the yoke.
    Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare)

• ianao
    ianao

Hey Flowerpetal.

Nice words, but I doubt you would say them to your cong's elders. (As I am sure they would promply correct you on most of these issues.) Perhaps you don't mind being labeled "spiritually week", but I'm sure you will feel pretty bad when people stop talking to you and avoid you like the plague.

I like your attitude though. Too bad that many witnesses would not consider you as taking the FDS seriously.

Thank you for offering further proof that JWs are just another of this world's many religions, as your attitude is a mirror of the opinions of folks in many other protestant churches (that I've come across anyway.)

• Tina
    Tina

fp,
    your thinking is evident from what you post. Check out the topic on the main forum-are jw women repressed-you'll see others see it for what it is...
    And dont tell me get things straight,I was a jw most of my life,there isnt anything you can tell meI dont know.
    And deny it all,I and all the others here know differently. You are ruled by them.
    You 'watched' the elections? You 'watched' the court proceedings? What did you DO? We're you allowed to vote,to exercise your opinion? I dont think so,and you tell me you're not ruled LOL.
    Elders,only opinions,I think not dearie. Those supposedly spiritually picked bros,enforce the book corps policies.
    Look at those responses in that thread I mentioned,because I started it to tie in with what you're trying to present,which isnt true. You read it and tell me all those people are wrong and bitter.
    Again,your mind is evident by what you write here. You put forth a scenario that just isnt true.
    And you did say I was bitter.reread your post-it was quite clear.
    Im not angry,I dont care what you do. But I do take issue with outright lies to defend the lying book corp. And thats what you're doing.
    In the thread mentioned,you'll find personal experiences,Amazing was an elder,are you going to tell me that it was only his opinion? Please,that might work on someone who was never a jw,wont work here.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Hey Flowerpetal.
    Nice words, but I doubt you would say them to your cong's elders. (As I am sure they would promply correct you on most of these issues.) Perhaps you don't mind being labeled "spiritually week", but I'm sure you will feel pretty bad when people stop talking to you and avoid you like the plague.

Ianao>>I don't feel the *need* the *prompting* or responsibility to tell the elders what I do. What business is it of theirs?

Ianao>>I like your attitude though. Too bad that many witnesses would not consider you as taking the FDS seriously.

Thank you for offering further proof that JWs are just another of this world's many religions, as your attitude is a mirror of the opinions of folks in many other protestant churches (that I've come across anyway.)

FP>>Yes this world has many religions, doesn't it?

---

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

fp,
    your thinking is evident from what you post. Check out the topic on the main forum-are jw women repressed-you'll see others see it for what it is...
    And dont tell me get things straight,I was a jw most of my life,there isnt anything you can tell meI dont know.

FP>>You still don't know me and my mind. That's what I want you to get straight.

Tina>>And deny it all,I and all the others here know differently. You are ruled by them.

You 'watched' the elections? You 'watched' the court proceedings? What did you DO?

Fp>>I watched.

Tina>>We're you allowed to vote,to exercise your opinion? I dont think so,and you tell me you're not ruled LOL.

FP>>My opinion of the whole voting and election process, is that each side is just as opinionated, hateful, foaming in their *Politcal* beliefs as people of differing religions are towards others of different religious beliefs. AFter seeing and hearing all what I heard this past voting year, it has made me see that attitudes of people are the same all over. It's just what their passion is (religion, politics, science, etc.) is what makes them take the path they are on.

Tina>>Elders,only opinions,I think not dearie. Those supposedly spiritually picked bros,enforce the book corps policies.

Look at those responses in that thread I mentioned,because I started it to tie in with what you're trying to present,which isnt true.

FP>You seem to take what I say as me being right and you being wrong. I have told you repeatedly that I have not had the same experience as you. Yet you are not listening--but rather thinking that if it happens in some congregations, it happens in all. I am here to tell you that that just isn't the case IN ALL CONGS.

Tina>>You read it and tell me all those people are wrong and bitter.
    Again,your mind is evident by what you write here. You put forth a scenario that just isnt true.

FP>>Just isn't true in MY case Tina. I told you all I can comment on is MY EXPERIENCE. You haven't lived my life; you haven't walked in my shoes. Just because I present a different experience, doesn't mean I think you lie, or others lie. When will you see that?

And you did say I was bitter.reread your post-it was quite clear.

FP>>I did re-read my post before I replied to you the first time. I used the word *angry."

Tina>>Im not angry,I dont care what you do.

FP>>I said you come across TO ME as being angry. And it seems with each post you make to me, you are angry with me.

Tina>>But I do take issue with outright lies to defend the lying book corp. And thats what you're doing.

FP>>For the umpteenth time, I am telling you MY experience, what MY elders do, how MY elders handle things.

Tina>>In the thread mentioned,you'll find personal experiences,Amazing was an elder,are you going to tell me that it was only his opinion? Please,that might work on someone who was never a jw,wont work here.

FP>>Tina, TO ME, everything in ANY religion is an opinion because in matters of faith and belief, there are no proven facts. People can take the Bible and make up any theology or teaching and preach it. I'm sure you know that. And that applies no matter what religious organization or church a person is in.

---

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit