It has been a year!!

by Joyzabel 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Well, can you believe it, it has been a year since I timidly joined this forum! (Yes me, I was very timid at first!)

I came looking to see if anyone else had the same experience as me in finding out that the WTBTS is just another manmade organization with dangling carrots and big sticks. How can an organization that held itself up as "Gods channels of communication" have so many false prophecies? (Why would they utter them to begin with if they really were from God!)? Or how could an organization treat people so harshly when someone doesnt agree with it? Also, there is no honorable way to leave such an organization, there is always a label placed on an individual that leaves one way or another.

Ive read so many books this past year and a half that helped me understand how I could have been so duped and what I need to keep working on as I go forward. I first started with all the factual books about the WTBTS and I discovered for myself that the GB are not truth seekers but are more concerned about their appearance. (This is just a partial list of what Ive read and would recommend to others to read):

Crisis of Conscience Ray Franz

In Search of Christian Freedom Ray Franz

The Gentile Times Revisited C O Jonnson

Signs of the Last Days C O Jonnson

Apocalypse Delayed James Penton

True Believer Eric Hoffer

Releasing the Bonds Steven Hassan

The Road Less Traveled M. Scott Peck Further Along the Road Less Traveled M. Scott Peck

People of the Lie M. Scott Peck

What I found here on JWD was support from others that had gone through similar experiences as me. I loved reading everyones experience and I wish there were more of them on the front page to help those who are lurking. I also found friendship like I had never had with the jws, people who showed unconditional love and acceptance. It was great getting a chance to meet so many from this board: (in no particular order and Im sorry if I left anyone out.)

1. Venice_IT
    2. Dodo
    3. Bobsgirl
    4. Aluminoty
    5. Noidea
    6. Mpatrick
    7. Myself
    8. Hylander
    9. Lizard Snot
    10. Dungbeetle
    11. AlanF
    12. Silentlamb
    13. Ranchette
    14. Yerusalim
    15. Outnfree
    16. Littlebit
    17. Olympiad
    18. Bicno
    19. Marvin Shimner
    20. RW
    21. Outaservice
    22. Coffe_black
    23. DantheMan
    24. Ros
    25. Amazing
    26. TurnTheLightOn
    27. Englishman
    28. Trucker GB
    29. Simon
    30. Angharad
    31. Sleepy
    32. Meatpie
    33. Matty
    34. Belmount
    35. Termite
    36. ISP
    37. Latte
    38. Ballistic Bryan
    39. LittleToe
    40. Celtic
    41. Princess
    42. Mulan
    43. bigred
    44. SEAKEN2001
    45. Salud
    46. Dakota Red
    47. DIM
    48. kikisdragon
    49. TheRedPill
    50. Sloboy
    51. Connielyn
    52. Gsx1138
    53. Uglyduckling/Swan
    54. D8TA
    55. Carmel
    56. Maken1
    57. Sabine
    58. Truama hound
    59. ThePartyMan
    60. LB
    61. Valis
    62. Cowboy
    63. SixofNine
    64. Elsewhere
    65. Billygoat
    66. Mozzer4life
    67. Megadude
    68. Sam Beli
    69. Jesika
    70. Comf
    71. AlmostThere
    72. Roo
    73. Jade
    74. WillowStreet
    75. johnnysup
    76. BB
    77. cyno7
    78. TTBoy
    79. Larry
    80. JWROBOT
    81. Mike3000
    82. Aroarer
    83. mum
    84. jeankraus
    85. concernedlawyer
    86. Dazedandconfused
    87. Rev
    88. Lfitzwater
    89. nowaytess
    90. zev
    91. somebody
    92. GRITS
    93. Safe4kids
    94. sisteract Lia
    95. scrumrat Mike
    96. mikepence
    97. rocy220
    98. worf
    99. brymichmom
    100. JwinSF
    101. hamptonite
    102. KellyBlair
    103. Mouthy
    104. Flower
    105. B_ster
    106. Borgfree
    107. Sunstarr
    108. DocBob
    109. Gypsiewildone
    110. FreeFallin

There have been many more that Ive talked to on the phone and in chat that I hope to some day get to meet.

My hope now, as time keeps marching on, is that everyone is able to heal and go on with their lives, like we have seen so many "old-timers" have done on this board. This place has been great to help me when I was leaving a high control group but I only view it as a transitory place. I need to move on with my real life. Make new friends, volunteer for whatever I want to, get involved in the community, etc.

View this post as only a reflection of what has taken place in my life this past year. I will always be available to help anyone else as they leave and heal.

Hugs,

j2bf

Edited by - joy2bfree on 29 October 2002 15:44:13

• Celia
    Celia

Joy, you're not leaving, are you

• LB
    LB

So Joy, this makes you officially an old timer. How's that feel???

I'm # 60 I #60

whooohoooo

• rocky220
    rocky220

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JOY2BFREE!!!!!!!!!!

rocky 220

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Funny how fast a year can go by, when you're having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy, you were one of the first to welcome me to this forum and gave me the greatest advice. I always share it with others and tell them what a wonderful lady told me, and how that advice has helped me more than anything . I remember you telling me to take a whole year off, so to speak, rest from racking my brain trying to find the real truth so quick out of leaving the borg. You told me to take time for myself, get to know myself and relax. I had gotten so worked up because as a JW we had all the answers , then I was out in the world alone to make up my mind what I believed. I was so aggrivated that I couldnt figure out what I believed or where to look even.

When I have been here awhile and I am still working on myself , like you said, and I see now, what I didnt see then , when you told me this. I have decided that it is going to take a long time to get to know myself, I never knew who I really was before and still have alot of recovery to go thru. I havent even really begun my study on the Bible yet. But from what you told me, I have time to do that , when I am ready.

Thanks for being such a wise lady, who really did help me when I needed it the most. You have been a voice of reason on the board and I always value your opinion.......... Hugs,,,, Dede

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Huh!??

Joy, are you leaving the forum? Oh, no!

You are one of my favorite posters and without your presence this board will certainly be losing one of its shining lights.

I am now feeling so bummed!

• Simon
    Simon

Happy posting anniversary Joy! ... I hope you don't leave too soon / completely

It was great meeting you both at Eman's BBQ and I'm very jealous that you have been able to meet so many.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Joy:

We have never talked. But you and your husband's posts have been a tremendous help to us when we were lurking here on this board. My husband also had the opportunity to speak with your husband on the phone at a time when he really needed support and encouragement. Never underestimate how much the both of you, as well as the others on this board, help the lurkers here who are questioning the WTBS. Those who are helped here, will take what they learn, and tell others. It will help entire families come out of the WTBS. We wish you and your family all the best life has to give.

Take care.

Mrs. Shakita

• jack2
    jack2

Joy, congratulations on your first year here!

But, learning that you may leave makes me feel sad too. You're the first person I got to know here. You're like an "pillar" here. Heck, you were the one who coined the name "jacka$$" for me.

I understand though that you may need to move on. Please keep my e-mail addy. I will keep yours for sure. And please visit us here and in chat if and when you can.

All my best, jacka$$

Edited by - jack2 on 28 October 2002 13:18:53

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Joy2bfree I enjoyed your post very much.

Although i don't know you other than our phone conversation

you are such a caring person going out of your way for others.

I tend to agree we must get on with our lives, there is so much

to explore and do, living as JWS the privelage of enjoying life,

even the simple things that only require time, these were so

strongly forbidden when one suffers from the ties that bind

them to such a close knit group, you know each and every one of us are

different thats what makes the human race so unique, I do think a lot

of people are coming out of that organization for they can't stand the

chains that bind anymore, i know i can't.

Good luck and God bless you .

Searchin50

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit