The Real Truth About Raymond V. Franz Revealed!

by bjc2012 108 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

mega.

: In the video "Witnesses of Jehovah" Ray Franz says that he was a part of things that, thinking back now, he is ashamed he was a part of them. That's good enough of an apology for me.

Yes. I agree. It's one thing to mess up. It's another thing to mess up and say you've messed up and feel bad about it and then humbly ask forgiveness for it. It's a third thing to mess up and act like you never messed up and then blame the people you messed up because you messed up in the first place.

Ray Franz fits the second group. The WTS fits the first and mostly, the third group.

Even Peter messed up. Several times. Jesus forgave him. Why can't those of you who just want to blame someone forgive, especially when they are finally trying to do the right thing?

Let he who is without sin......

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 26 October 2002 0:56:4

Edited by - Englishman on 26 October 2002 11:8:7

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

gsark,

I agree with the 'shit' part. But you are by no means a 'chicken', in fullest sense of the analogy.

But I have to say, you have been talking some pretty wierd **** lately. I think you need to rest in your nest, for awhile anyway.

Then you stand a greater chance of laying some 'golden' eggs, vs the little broken shells you have left littered all over the board lately.

Said with the full intention of being a 'chicken shit'. Sorry beetle.

Do you still love me?

BearShit

• JoRiz
    JoRiz

But, I give Bill Bowens, Carl O. Jonsson, Barbara Anderson, and the recently deceased Edward Dunlap, my award for true christian "bravery", down to their last drop of blood.

Amen.

bjc>>

I usually don't post much here but let me briefly comment about this bad spirited long dribble of a post.

As is being brought out Ray admitted his faults. To attack a man who can't defend himself is pure cowardice. I would suggest you deal with the man as he is NOW and not what he was when he was in the cult. I am sure your past in the cult of the WT could be attacked also.

Ray Franz from what I have studied about him and from personally contacting him is a true honest man.

To see Bill Bowen make some of his comments about Ray really bothered me. Not that I am against Bill, I am not. I fact I just finished the WT protest video Mike and Lia did and made some finishing touches to put it on our local cable channel. So I am not against Bill. I think he has a worthy cause. The one thing about Bill that he should watch out for in the future is the bit the woman made about her being Satanically Ritually abuse by Ted Jaratz, or what ever his last name is. Bill is going to have to explain her story and BACK it up if he expects credibility.

Again I wouldn't waste my time seeing what Ray was responsible for in the past, deal with him today.

Rays books were a Godsend when they came out for me and unbound me from the prison bonds of the WT.

They saved my brother Jim, (JJRizo) and I a lot of grief.

JoRiz

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Amen to Farkel & JoRiz

What does anyone get from this?!! When JW-doubters come here looking for answers the first thing they are recommended to do is read Ray Franz' book. That should speak for itself imho.

Why someone would want to drag up all this sh*t just to take a jab at Ray makes absolutely no sense. Are you getting something from it, criticizing a man who isn't here to defend himself, to try to ruin the credibility of an author who has written books which have helped who knows how many leave the grasp (that you were all in mind you) of the JW's? Sheesh....surely there are more noble causes, better points to make.

Hopefully, this post will go to where it belongs, the bottom of the pile before some poor JW-doubter comes along, reads this & then decides that perhaps Ray isn't credible.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Why in ta hell do so many people think, just because Ray Franz is an outstanding, loving, righteous person who laid his heart on the line and wrote a couple of books, that we all worship him? I've never met the man, but his books have been an outstanding part of my recovery from a bullshit borganization and his love for the real "truth" and for others is obvious. I thank God that he wrote what he did and IMHO is a humble, honest, loving person and a real example of a Christian. I don't worship any man and I won't stand here and judge him for sitting on a GB and sincerely trying to do the right thing. We all wise up in our own time. It's been an honor to know him through his books. To accuse him of railroading somebody is utter bullshit. Sheesh.........and double sheesh.........

• shera
    shera
    Women disfellowshipped for being raped? Don't know. Again, gsark, how many?

I didn't read the whole thread.....but I was forced to have sex with an idiot.He was a non Jw,but I went to the elders for comfort....it turned out to be my fault because I didn't fight and scream enough.What ever...I had to go home and ask for forgiveness.

(i know i already mentioned this on another thread but...the GB and what the elders are taught are F-ed UP!!!!)

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Sorry about that, shera. Didn't mean to trivialize your trauma.

Anyway, gsark erased the posting I was responding to because I barked at his lack of solid evidence.

CZAR

• gsark
    gsark

I took my post down because I put it somewhere else.

• freedomhouse3
    freedomhouse3

I have as yet to read the works of the above mentioned individuals and I hope to one day. There is one thing that cannot be twisted as the bible or koran are and that one thing is the True Law of Cause and Effect. If these things are true then the effects of their causes ( good and bad) will manifest themselve if they haven't already.

Edited by - freedomhouse3 on 26 October 2002 1:39:21

• Farkel
    Farkel

czar,

: Anyway, gsark erased the posting I was responding to because I barked at his lack of solid evidence.

Her.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit