Post by Ray Franz

by Amazing 131 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Ozzie,

Just move on? Maybe, but how and in what manner, when there's clearly a problem. Maybe such a "moving on" should be done in a decentralised format??

I agree, "there's clearly a problem". Yes, if there is a solution, which evades me, it sould be in a different "format". DanyBear,

Why are you afraid to address Bill Bown directly. Why all this veiled counsel. Sounds like an elders meeting to me!

I just hate the whole atmosphere and do not want to speak directly of those I feel are at fault. I view them as friends. Yes, I have spoken to them personally of my differences. As I do not feel Ray should have been drug into this controversy, I would rather be as indirect, though vainly, as possible in naming names of those with whom I strongly differ in this public forum. Beautifulgarbage and Danny, As prudish as I acknowledge I am, thanks for changing the direction of this thread. Jst2laws

• Simon
    Simon

dungbeetle / gsark.

you were the one who started all this and posted an original thread about it. I'm begining to classify you as 'idiot' I'm afraid.

As I posted on the other thread:

it is obvious from your comments that you are trying to imply that Ray Franz is guilty of something when you only have a very tenuous link to any involvement at all and even that is just being involved in writing a policy that wasn't specifically directed at child abuse.

I think YOU owe Ray Franz a big apology and are doing hard to the credibility of Silent Lambs or silentlambs by accusing anyone and everyone.

Who will you accuse next? Everyone who ever went to the KH because they 'supported the GB' ?

Perhaps YOU will stop bringing the subject up unless you are just trying to stirr things.

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

So is it time now for the group hug. Isn't that what they do after one of those grueling, seemingly non-productice group counseling sessions.....makes me think of someone's line " what you do in this world will be of very little significance, but it's vitally important that you do it"

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    I am sad Ray and Jim have chosen to pursue this. All those scriptures and all that history just because you are pissed off and wish to justify your attack on me.

While I was trying to help silent lambs it appears Ray and Jim had a lot of free time. I am going to think about this a few days and while I do I would like to leave Ray and Jim with one scripture. Romans 14:19, "So, then, let us pursue peace and the things that are upbuilding to one another."

Perhaps all on the board might want to consider that thought.

All I can say Bill is that your comments are absolutely outrageous. You continue to attack Ray and now Amazing and then lecture everyone to just move on and ignore a problem while tossing in a scripture to support it? You also imply that how these men use their time is some how less important than how you've chosen to.

You have absolutely no remorse for anything you've said or done and can't even appreciate the value of doing so if only for political reasons. Your own arrogant comments and failure to acknowledge any wrongdoing on your part are what has perpetuated this whole thing and why the matter has not been resolved to anyone's satisfaction except a few blind followers of yours.

I have to respect J2L's comments about moving on, but how exactly does one do this in light of what continues to transpire? And that Ray has commented on this matter so long after it has occurred shows he is still concerned over it and that it has not been resolved. So is "moving on" really that wise and is it not tantamount to the WT's "waiting on Jehovah" to sidestep dealing with obvious problems?

I am quite certain that in person Bill is a great person and if I actually knew the man himself I would find myself excusing more than I do. I think though, if I were a close friend I would be all the more sadder and that much more perplexed and especially in this instance I still could not ignore that a serious line has been crossed.

I do think J2L's advice is very good for Bill to post under his name when it comes to his own personal expressions and leave the Silentlambs name for "approved" public statements and press releases. It is not right to mix private and public matters in instances like this and posting extreme personal thoughts under an organization's name certainly gives a wrong impression.

Path

• gsark
    gsark
    I have to respect J2L's comments about moving on, but how exactly does one do this in light of what continues to transpire?

Very simple. Once you have said your peace/piece, move on to another thread to post on and don't come back untill a month or so later. That is what I did. After posting the Ray fRanz stuff under Scarbking, I completely stopped actively posting on the board for the better part of two months.

Now, if I can stop posting to a group of usermembers --to which I was horribly addicted --for TWO MONTHS surely someone can post to a subject, have your say, and move on to a thread like Joelbear's or Stinky Pantz or one of those.

If I can walk away, anybody can.

(((((((((((((((((((( path )))))))))))))))))))) how ya been sweetie?

• Perry
    Perry

Ray Franz' treatment of the issue eliminates my planned essay on the "Two Witness" rule.

Amazing, I was looking forward to that essay you previously indicated you would prepare. There were good points brought up in the thread you referred to but they were a bit scattered through a lot of material. The relevant BOE letters even after 1980 would also be of great interest.

If you do have the time, I'd like to read such an essay that could bring the key points together in a more readable fashion.

Edited by - Perry on 25 October 2002 6:53:3

• Simon
    Simon
    Very simple. Once you have said your peace/piece, move on to another thread to post on and don't come back untill a month or so later. That is what I did. After posting the Ray fRanz stuff under Scarbking, I completely stopped actively posting on the board for the better part of two months.

Now, if I can stop posting to a group of usermembers --to which I was horribly addicted --for TWO MONTHS surely someone can post to a subject, have your say, and move on to a thread like Joelbear's or Stinky Pantz or one of those.

If I can walk away, anybody can.

dungbeetle: the most you stopepd posting for was about a week. Switching to different accounts does not count !

• minimus
    minimus

Path, wonderfully put!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Just2,

Thanks for your response. That comment helped me to better understand Just2.

Maybe it is my age, or perhaps the fact that 22 yrs of living in the real world, as apposed to the 'theocratic society', has provided me little tolerance for fools. Foolish is the word for the conduct Bill has displayed here for all the world to see.

Long gone are the days where I felt under compunction, to stifle every thought or expression, for the good of 'the cause'.

Answering the questions and concerns, of the community Bill Bowen solicited for support, would seem a small investment in advancing his agenda. But it is obvious he consider's that to be a waste of his valuable time.

There is not a single person on this earth, that deserves, or even is worth such defference.

But all said and done, I do respect those who are non-confrontational like Ray Franz and yourself. Even Ray Franz a meek and obviously deeply spiritual man, has a limit to suffering from the hands of fools.

Danny

• gsark
    gsark

Since I have been at this like 18 hours, it is 6:00 in the morning, and I hope nobody minds if I sleep a little.

Dungbeetle of the 'Have fun without me and don't do anything I wouldn't take a picture of.' class.

Edited by - Simon on 25 October 2002 10:15:45

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit