Please participate in my survey

by Zechariah 105 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Zech, I don't agree with your assessment. I am an agnostic in the true sense of the term. I don't know if there is a God, and I don't spend time any more trying to figure it out.

• Xena
    Xena

Thank you Zechariah I enjoyed your survey....and don't worry I am always careful of my risks

• rem
    rem

So, Zech, you are not really interested in seeing if the theory is true. As evidenced by your rationalization of Larc's results you are more interested in preserving the validity of your pet theory than finding truth through observation.

If you cannot understand my simple request, then I don't know what to say. Here is a visual representation that you may be able to provide:

participant1 01234567 Atheist/Hopeless
    participant2 76543210 Believer/Hopeful
    participant3 13572460 Atheist/Hopeless

Then you could actually test your theory instead of blindly believing it to be true.

There have already been at least two cases where the results have been wildly innacurate. With such a small sample, that doesn't bode well for the accuracy of the test. Also, my results were inaccurate because I am certainly not a hopeless person. So there's three now, and probably more. Just because you insist that the test is accurate doesn't make it so.

This is bad science. Ironically, it's the exact same thing that creationists do (though I hate to hijack this thread). They rationalize data to fit their pre-determined biblical model and simply ignore the mountain of evidence that contradicts their theory.

rem

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

REM,

I never claimed or intended to imply my survey would be able to detect for certain whether people are believers or not. I don't have to make unsupported statements to fight over. I did like you always encourage I presented the facts. The board members know us all well enough to determine what is true or not. Your green personality is forcing you to make much too much of this.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong. This is not a psychic thing. It is IMO another lenguage whereby people tell me exactly how they feel. There is no denying that the large number of people refusing to take the test would most certainly select yellow last which would interpret to what I said yours did.

Your problem is really a disagreement as to what hope is. To try to explain it to you would be just as difficult and impossible as convincing you there is a God. We will forever disagree on it. Best to let it drop. My intent was as always to enlighten and not to battle. Accept it or reject it as you will.

Zechariah

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

It was interesting!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hey Pomegranate:

I promise that I'll really really try hard not to keep mentioning that I scored higher on the faith test than you did!.....lololol

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit