JanG - You're a Legend!

by Beck_Melbourne 82 Replies latest jw friends

• AchanBeroean
    AchanBeroean

Jan Groenveld's work (especially her summary paper on social psychology and group dynamics in cults) was for me an important eye-opener and the text still informs the Finnish speaking audience.

JanG was one of those big hearted and loud people whose positive message could be heard on the other side of the globe.

She was a grandmother. I hope her family can cope with their sorrow. I share a bit of it here in Finland.

requiescat in pace

Achan Beroean

• ros
    ros

I have been off-line for a few days. I just saw this thread.

I did not always agree with Jan, but she was one of the first I knew on-line.
    I received e-mail from her only days ago. I'm very saddened by this news.

My sincere consolences.

Blessings,
    ~Ros

• jwfree
    jwfree

I have not posted here for a very long time, but I'm in just about every ex jdub group on the planet. I was "introduced" to Jan on the net via Randy Watters back in late 2000. I just cant believe she is gone! Things won't be the same in the anti-JW movement without her. She did so much to heal me and countless others. SHE WAS VERY SHARP AND PERCEPTIVE AND COULD SEE THROUGH ANY BULLSHIT. Just the perfect person to shoot down all the JW garbage.

The question that plagued me before I became a brainwashed pod-person of the JW cult, and even while being held by my JW "captives" (but no proper JW would EVER express any personal opinions -especially this one) and this age old question still bothers me and I know there is no answer to it: WHY DOES GOD ALLOW ALL THE WIERDOS, SICKOS, EVIL PEOPLE, PEDOPHILES, AND HUMAN GARBAGE TO CONTINUE TO WALK THE FACE OF THE EARTH, CONTRIBUTING NOTHING TO SOCIETY, AND YET, SOMEONE LIKE JAN, A GEM OF A HUMAN, UNIQUE, WORTHWHILE, WHO HAD A MISSION AND PURPOSE IN LIFE, CONTRIBUTED TO HER FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS AND MADE A DIFFERENCE IN THIS WORLD: WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE? WHY ARE MONSTERS LIKE SADAAM "INSANE" AND OSAM BIN "SON OF A BITCH" STILL ALLOWED TO WREAK HAVOC ON THIS PLANET? IT JUST ISNT FAIR. IT JUST ISNT FAIR.

I am still in shock over Jan's death and I have yet to even post my feelings to members of my regular support groups. I have just had enough of the good dying WAY too young and WAY too soon, and the scum being allowed to eat, drink and be merry. I'm just so fed up and angry. As I said, this age old question has always bothered me and after SEPT. 11 I have ZERO tolerance for wicked people being allowed to roam the planet while the innocent and decent hard working people are murdered, shot down, or just die by some fluke in the middle of the night.

It just isnt fair. Jan, I will miss you very much.

She, in fact had just posted to members of WOMEN AWAKE the day before she died. It is very erie to even read her most recent posts to that group.

Unbelievable.

So long, Jan, RIP. You are already missed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit