JanG - You're a Legend!

by Beck_Melbourne 82 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

I'm saddened to learn of Jan's passing. If any of you are able to attend her funeral, please say some words from those of us worldwide who knew her via the internet.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I'm so sorry. How sad.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm very saddened to hear that Jan passed away. She was one of the first ex-JWs I "met" online when I first decided to leave the organization. She graciously hosted one of my essays on her website for a long time. But the best compliment I've ever received from her was when I wrote something last year on alt.religion.jehovahs-witn and she e-mailed to tell me it was one of the funniest things she'd ever read and wanted to know if she could forward it to friends and/or post it on her website. It felt really good to know that something I wrote made her laugh.

I hope there's someone out there who will be able to carry on the work she's done in Australia and around the world. Although they may be able to take her place, they'll never be able to fit her shoes. She was truly special, one-of-a-kind, and will be missed greatly. I'll always remember the tag line she had on many of her posts:

"The most dangerous lies are those that most closely resemble the truth."

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 22 October 2002 9:50:58

• mamashel
    mamashel

My deepest sympathy to her family. It's hard to except someone here one day and gone the next. My heart goes out to those who love her.

Love,

mamashel

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is awful. Poor Jan G.

I had no idea she was ill. My sincere condolences to her family and close friends.

Englishman.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

You know, I never thought I would feel so close to someone on the internet. But Jan has helped so many. I used to be on her mailing list when I first found the net. I just started balling when I read she had passed away.

((((((((((((((((((((((Jans Family)))))))))))))))))

• TheStar
    TheStar

I'm in tears... My deepest sympathy to her family...

• waiting
    waiting

Jan has mentioned in the past on this forum that's she's had bouts of really serious bad health.

I can think of no better way to die than to fall asleep. We should all be so fortunate when *our time* comes. I'm sorry she was so young and will be so missed by literally thousands of people who she's befriended and helped.

We should all have that time of fame in our life, eh?

Please pass our good wishes onto her family? We will miss her.

waiting

• Jesika
    Jesika

Do any of you know where her family is, I would like to attend the funeral if I can. Please let me know!!!!!

Jes

still crying, please tell me where the funeral is!!!!!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Jesika, she lived in Brisbane Australia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit