JanG - You're a Legend!

by Beck_Melbourne 82 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

This is so sad.

A life wasted in the cult, and what she had left she spent helping others get out of the cult.

Lisa

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

In these days of sadness at Jan's passing, we can be reassured by the same hope Jan had:

"Precious in the sight of the LORD

Is the death of his saints." - Psalm 116:15 (NIV)

Jesus' words: "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you." - John 14:2 (NIV)

Jan's life can now be "celebrated" for all her acts of help and kindness. In the words of William Wordsworth:

"That best portion of a good man's life,

His little, nameless, unremembered acts

Of kindness and of love"

[Lines Composed a Few Miles Above Tintern Abbey]

Ozzie and Mrs Ozzie
  • Mulan
    Mulan

Tatiana (from this board) sent me this, after my cousin, Sharon died. I loved it, and read it at Sharon's memorial.

"If I had my life to live over...
    I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...
    I'd relax. I would limber up.
    I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
    I would take fewer things seriously.
    I would take more chances.
    I would take more trips.
    I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.
    I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
    I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.

If I had it to do again, I would travel lighter next time.
    If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.
    I would go to more dances.
    I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
    I would pick more daisies."

• TR
    TR

Man, it's so sad when a fellow poster on the same forum passes away. Anyway, for what it's worth, I hope she's in a better place.

TR

• myself
    myself

Rest in peace JanG, you are missed. 
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

goodbye Jan

unclebruce

• teejay
    teejay

I didn't know her as well as others did, but she seemed like good people to me.

If she went in the night, in her sleep, in her own bed like they say -- then... she was lucky. Hope I'm blessed to go that way.

Rest easy, JanG. And thanks for your parting message to spend what days i have left... smelling the flowers and laffin w/ my little girl...

• riz
    riz

adding my condolences and sympathy to jan's family.

rest in peace, jan

and salud, that was beautiful.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I hope there's someone out there who will be able to carry on the work she's done in Australia and around the world.

Try this site:

http://www.pnc.com.au/~fichrist/talk.html

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I just discovered this thread for the first time, and I'm stunned!

When I came out of the Watchtower, I found it hard not to be depressed over the large portion of my life that I had wasted in that worthless organization. But around that time, I got a copy of Jan's testimony tape entitled, "There Are No Wasted Years." It helped me to put matters into perspective and to realize that, no matter what trials I had endured, the Lord would use them to prepare me for whatever it was that He wanted me to accomplish with the rest of my life.

I never met Jan, but I'll miss her.

"Through many dangers, toils and tears
    I have already come.
    'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far,
    And grace will lead me home"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit