I LOST MY JOB TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Jesika 48 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hello Jesika:

I'm sorry to hear about your job situation. There are few areas in life that cause as much stress as money matters. But, as has been said, you will get through, and the experience will strengthen you.

It is good to remember that, as dire as things may seem now, the great likelihood is that in a year you will look back and realise that the situation wasn't as bad as you felt. In fact, often new possibilities open up that would not have been possible if you had kept your present job.

You said that it was "back to the drawing board", and this is very true!

You have a real opportunity now to think about what you want to do in life. You have an opportunity to plan for it. While you may feel like you need to jump into the first job that comes along, please try to think calmly and rationally about what you would like to do.

Perhaps some schooling in a subject you enjoy so that you can work in that field? You are young and smart, you can do just about anything if you plan it! Take one day just for you, and think! Ask questions. Find stuff out!

Best wishes to you. I know you will turn a lemon into lemonade!

Expatbrit

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Ive been fired 4 times in my life...and each time it was on trumped up reasons that suited the person firing me. Yeah I was pissed but it was THEIR LOSS! I was fired from one job because instead of sitting in the cafeteria with the 10 employees, I was at my desk making arrangements for my upcoming wedding and I was accused of "bringing down the morale" of the company and was fired for "not being a team player." What morons! The very next job I had, I was awarded for Administrative Support Staff Excellence and honored at the regional meeting with a plaque and a letter from the CEO of the company...Compaq Computer. So the moral of that story is...one mans garbage is another mans gold babe...when you find the job that is right for you you will KNOW it! I wanted to take that trophy and shove it up that guy's... But instead I tore up all their invitations to my wedding hehehe, and BLEW them outta my life.

• ugg
    ugg

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( jesika ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• LFitzwater
    LFitzwater

Jesika, After meeting you in NY, (and yes that picture is her) I know that you have a very "up" personality. You really should not have a hard time finding a job. I found out that if you are willing to work hard you can do just about anything. My parents removed me from school when I was in the 6th grade. My mom didn't want us around "wordly" influences. She taught us at home, but did not have any structure and I always felt that I had a 6th grade education. I was married at 17 and let my husband support us. I did babysit for others to help with our income. (didn't help much) After leaving the JW's I decided that I could do more. I applied for a job at a alarm monitoring company working graveyard shifts. They needed help bad enough that I got the job on the spot. I worked there for almost 2 years until I decided I could not do graveyards anymore. I then had real work expierience. In the meantime I had gone and got my GED and took a couple college courses (computer & math) at the community college. I then applied at an insurance agency to answer phones and file and such. I have since learned a lot about ins and have been licensed to sell auto & casualty ins. I still work as customer service right now, but I am on my way to being an agent. Looking back I never would have thought this was possible. I really thought I was under qualified for any of this, but my husband pushed me to apply for the alarm company position.

Jesika, don't let being fired bring you down. Pick your head up and say to yourself that you can do anything. Try for everything out there. Whether its waitressing (which can bring in good money if you work the right hours) or pizza delivery (also nice money if you work it right) or office work, or even grocery store work, any one of those can lead you somewhere better if you work hard. I have 3 sisters that work at grocery stores in FL. They have worked hard and have all moved up. One is in customer service now and one is in management traing. Managers make killer money and have great benefits. Hook up with a big chain store and you can do very well.

Just my 1 1/2 cents.....

I hope for the best for you!

Laurie Fitzwater (the short blond that stayed at the PanAm)

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Jesika,

Well all I can say is that they've got some nerve firing you from your job. What kind of people are they anyway?

Actualy, I think they did you a favor. You certainly don't want to be around people who are so dumb that they let beautiful, sweet girls go for absolutely no reason at all.

I am sending positive vibes your way and know that you will find something else better and soon!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Jes ((((HUGS))))

I am so very sorry for you, and especially how they used you up to the time they let you go.

Is there a state run employment agency in your area? Instead of looking in the newspaper and such, why not consider them. You don't have to pay them anything, and they really do help. Years ago, that's where I went back in MD, and they set up the enterviews and everything. There has got to be the right job for you, hon, just waiting for you to fill the spot.

Perhaps there is a reason why you are out of your present job, something that you, or I don't even know. Maybe it's not a bad thing, and something even better will come along.

You do have a good attitude and seem to enjoy people. I think you'd make a good receptionist somewhere. You are young and attractive, and have incentive to keep a steady job. Also, you need benefits for yourself and your son.

Keep us posted!

Sentinel

• LB
    LB

Jesika the first time I was canned from a job I really felt like a failure. I was angry and hurt too. I never did come up with a good reason for getting canned. Since then I've been canned from a couple of jobs where I needed to be canned, but that's another story.

You will be fine. Life will go on and the hurt will fade. They have given you an opportunity to better yourself even more.

It's good you walked away from stripping. Many years ago a gf I had tried that. She really changed and it wasn't good changes.

• Solace
    Solace

Im sorry Jesika,

Believe it or not sometimes things happen for a reason.

I was laid off from a job that I really didnt care for and I since I was out distributing resumes, I ended up with the job of my dreams. If I wouldnt have been laid off, I would have never found my dream job. Try not to think of it as a negitive but a chance to move forward and advance.

Good luck on your search.

• COMF
    COMF

Employees are overhead. Customers are profit. It's the way of the world, hon. You don't diss the profit.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

sometimes these things are a blessing in disguise. it may not seem like it at first, but......

same sort of thing happened to me......my first "real" job after finishing school, i was working for an optometrist--thought everything was going along wonderfully. i buoght a new car, was getting all settled in and then BAM!!! without warning i lost my job. he only wanted me as a temp for about 8 months, but failed to tell me this from the beginning. i went home and walked through the door--busting into tears. did the whole unemployment office thing, but my mom told me just to get out there and find another job--i didn't have a choice, i needed the money. i found a job working at an optical lab (ewwwwww!! or so i thought). i ended up staying there for 3 years. the money sucked, but i learned so much and made new friends. when i left i had standing job offers from some of my accounts because they were so impressed with my work. something that seemed so negative in the begining really turned into something very, very positive. just remember, no matter how things look right now, 6 months down the road they'll seem completely different. looking back now, that first "real" job--i knew i'd have been miserable working for a jerk like that. there are plenty of jobs out there.....and maybe this is just a little notice that something better is going to come along. keep your chin up.

becky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit