I LOST MY JOB TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Jesika 48 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

jessika,

So sorry for you. Keep your head up.....I think that means.....uh.......think possitive and keep truckin, you will find another. Nice people and hardworking people always get work....such as your self. Maybe the next one will be a better one. Cross your fingers...Take care

PLUM......BeenThere---It brings back ALOT of feelings of being rejected. I had overcome that through stripping.

Please tell me you were "stripping" wax off a floor from a night janitor job you had! If I were to think you exposed your self to other men why I'd.........I'd.............I just don't what I'd do!

• Jesika
    Jesika

LOL@ Dismembered TY

TY wind!!!!!

TY--wolf

I will check back later, it is 7:40 am my time and I have been awake since 11am. I am FINALLY tired. Thanx you all, I need the support.

Jes

• Jesika
    Jesika

gumby-------------------

I am sorry to disappoint you, YES, I meant stripping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the REAL sense of the "WORD"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry.

I am NOT proud of it, but I LIVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could erase it, but I can' t, and I won't LIE about it either!

LOVE,

Jes

*of the i understand class*

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((((((Jesika)))))))))))

Having met you in NY, I cannot imagine you "pushing" any customer out of your way. Let me guess -- s/he was 5'11 and 185 lbs?

Sweetie? You'll find another job (and sorry for the injustice)! You have too much going for you personality-wise to stay unemployed for long. Plus, you're cute!!!!

Love,

out

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Sorry you lost your job. But if there is any validity to the quote "When one door closes, another opens," then I wouldn't get too disheartened. Keep on keeping on.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Prisca said it very well:

((((((((((((Jesika)))))))))))))))

"Sorry to about your unfair sacking. It's happened to me, and it's very natural to feel angry and betrayed. Allow yourself to go through the emotions, and then get back into job hunting. Don't let those idiots make you think you're not a good worker. It sounds like it was politics - it often is in these situations. Just get out there with your head held high, knowing you are a hard worker who will be an asset to a boss who appreciates your efforts."

Jesika, I have met you only once, but I thought, during that brief encounter, that you were a lovely person who just needed the "right" setting to blossom.

Please keep searching. The "right situation is out there. It may take lots of hunting. Hopefully it will appear sooner rather than later.

Best wishes,

Sam

• patio34
    patio34

((((Jesika)))),

Well, this may be trite to say, but: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

You'll not only get thru the emotions of this, but you'll be stronger on the other side.

I'm reading a very inspirational book on Ernest Shackleton. His explorer ship was wrecked in the Antartica and he led his men overland (glaciers) for, I believe, a thousand miles. He not only kept everyone alive, but in good spirits too. At Barnes and Noble there are two bookshelves devoted to books about him, plus one book in the business section on his leadership skills. Really worthwhile to read about his experiences and overcoming impossible odds.

Do for yourself what you'd do for your very best friend in this situation: nurture yourself, pamper yourself, and be patient.

All the best,

Pat

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

Jes, don't worry yourself about the job, working sucks anyway.

I am sure that you will find something else to do for employment. I use to wait tables myself and I know that it sucks. The customers are usually rude, don't tip very well, and are never happy about anything.

I would recomend enlisting in the military but then your picture wouldn't look right with a shaved head so don't do that. LOL

Good luck on the job hunt!

Max

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

You got my support Jesika. I've seen how a local golf club treats their female workers, sickening. Have you ever tried applying to any golf clubs? Something to think about. Mind you, many of them are seasonal. As they say, half a loaf is better than no loaf. hang in there.

Guest 77

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Jesika)))

I didn't see this post until now.....I know you're hurting & angry right now, but perhaps there are other options.

Have you ever looked into joining a "temporary" agency? When I was 22 & became single, I registered with "Manpower", a temporary agency. I had 0 skills, but they were able to find me a couple of temporary jobs doing receptionist & basic clerical skills, and the money wasn't bad either.
    After awhile, I was able to get a job as a secretary, and the firm eventually hired me on full time (benefits finally - yea!!!). With some college courses & experience, I was finally able to do what I do now, an Executive Secretary, and the money is alot better.

Also, when I needed GOOD money fast - I delivered pizzas. I know it sounds silly, but the tips are fantastic (on average Friday night I made $30.00 per hour).

Rhonda

p.s. - I posted this on the "other" board as well - sorry I didn't see sooner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit