Hi

by trybalance 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis
    I find it amusing that people who have been far removed from the WTS for years and thousands of posts still have to justify their existence by way of a exJW board.

UM...I hoping you're not talking about anyone in particular, certainly not I. What you call far removed I call still having to deal w/family in the borg...maybe you don't get that part huh? This board is just a part of my life and by no means justifies my existence whatsoever. Poorly phrased sentece to say the least, unless of course you meant something/someone else.

But I dont have to have 2000 posts to see that some here are bitter, angry people and they use this forum as a way to spout off.

There are some angry folks here, but they do not make up the meat of what is posted here. There is no way you can say that is the case, unless you are reading a different board than I am....and yes those that are bitter and angry do and should spout off here...its a healthy release for quite a few. Better than having them take it out on others, or do harm to themselves. BTW, JWs love referring to XJWs as only bringing up issues because they are bitter and angry and don't have real issues that need addressing at all. ...see the clear contradiction in this?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 14 October 2002 16:7:25

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Thank you all for your comments. Actually you have help me so much. My "why's" are being answered here. S.S. you rock. You are wise. (Bow my head.) Why did I come here. What did I hope for. (It was not a kick in the crotch) I hoped for vindication. I wish and now act to give others like me vindication. These people (jw's) with intent caused me and worse my family to go threw years of hell. I am the man I am supposed to protect my wife from all threats. Every time they broke her heart (her family punishment for being alive after df'ed) I felt that I failed her, me, and my understanding of God. I belived that I could mend this because the doctrine was completely insaine. It was my pride and unexperince that caused this. So many people tried to warn me. People like you. But I was in no need of assistance I was in contol 10 years ago. I mean really what can these guys do? It's just a relgion. What is the big deal? I did not understand. I had to learn the hard way. Now I am here. I am the one giving a warning. Weird. But to all the try's out there that are real. I feel vindicated here. I am not crazy. I don't need to be angry. I can let go of the pain. They were working to distroy my life and they knew it. I'm not the only one. We will be here to vindicate you if you need us. I can do no other than to be here for those that are plowed over by the JW's. The ones whom they throw away. We will comfort. We will seek those that are lost. With this invention. (IT) we can circle the globe at the speed of light. To all the bruised battered board bent and bastards we are here for you. I am very proud to be here. The anger when you understand, it is pain. (1st year phyc.) Follow the pain Try if, you are sincere. If you do not, then you can not understand.

• trybalance
    trybalance

Thank you guys! Some of youhave been very helpful for me to gain an understanding as to the whys. Validation. I can see that. Advocacy. I can see that as well. To be honest however I can see what others said to. A lot of words have been put in my mouth here. A lot of people tried to judge me here. For sure a lot of anger and attitude. Thank you all again for your time. I hope that the next time someone comes here and ask a question that they can be dealt with without all the defensive, judgemental name calling stuff going on. There may be someone that really needs your help and really is screwed up by this religion. If that person got some of what I got here who knows what they might do. It is too bad that some hate to be questioned and can not stand for someone else to have a different set of eyes. It is too bad that people put words and thoughts into what people write here- but clearly that happens. Thank you all again for your help.

• Sabine
    Sabine

Hi and welcome trybalance...one thing I think no one has mentioned (I admit I skimmed...came late to the topic). INDOCTRINATION, BRAINWASHED, IT'S A CULT!!!!

It sounds like you have not been totally taken in (very good for you btw), but I think most on this board would agree that to one degree or another they were indoctrinated...most from a very young age. Our whole belief system, how we viewed life, was pulled out from under us. No to mention our family and friends that in my case took 35+ years to develop. We didn't have the benefit of your subjective/balanced take-it-or-leave-it view.

• undercover
    undercover
    UM...I hoping you're not talking about anyone in particular...

No more so than this statement:

I find it amusing when folks who haven't been registered users for more than a month or so want to make big blanket statements in regards this board and its members.

But, that's not what our discussion is about and I'm gonna drop that. I apologize if that offends.

I just see some negative stuff that makes it hard for some to see through. Others here think TB is a troll. He may very well be. But he did raise the point about "the attitude" and he does have a point. I'm just trying to be one of the non-negative ones(though there at the end, I was wavering) and on the chance he's not, help him see that we aren't all negative. And yes, there are lots and lots of non-negative ones. That's why I check on the board every so often. To get their veiwpoints. The bitter and hateful, I ignore.

• jurs
    jurs

Trybalance

I just gotta say it again, your full of shit and I can see right through ya! You don't want help or questions answered uou wanted to start some BS with your question. Your words not mine!!!!

Well I hope you had fun. A troll visit is always interseting. jurs

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

trybalance,

I just wanted to make something clear. You said that someone said that you did not love you family. I assume you mean me, when I said.

"LOL trybalance, you must not love your parents then if you think that not looking at their photo will allow you to forget them."

I told you a while back that I was just joking when I said that. It seems that you either missed that or ignored it. If you go back and re read your first post and mine you will see that the reason that I said that is because of your saying that if we don't keep looking at photos and if we just stop coming here that we will get over it. I wish it were that simple but it isn't.

Shari

• trybalance
    trybalance

Sorry lilacs- I did miss that. I can see how easy it is to get caught up in the heat of this thing. My bad. I wne tback and you did say that you were joking. Apologies accepted I hope.

On the other part though, lilcas, I never said "we" as in "you" I said "I" as in me= what I would do with my set of eyes. Just the way I see it.

Edited by - trybalance on 14 October 2002 16:47:16

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

No problem.

It is so hard to tell a persons emotions through written words, so I try to explain myself. If you knew me as a person, you would know that I seldom ever get angry. I have a very long fuse.

• Shakita
    Shakita

trybalance:

I'm not sure what to make of you. Did you come here to taunt us to see if we would prove to be the disgruntled people you think we are? Are you dangling a carrot in front of those who are in pain to see who will jump at it? Does it make you feel good to read others peoples posts of pain and come back and accuse them of being to wrapped up in their pain? If this is the case, I feel sorry for you. If not, you need to really improve on your empathy skills.

This is a place for people to heal and have fun. I will tell you the same thing I tell my kids, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

Just MY opinion, of course

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit