Hi

by trybalance 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lilacs

My answers to him were very straight. So were those of others. Yes, it's getting clearer who isn't being straight.

SS

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

SS, Andee,

Concurring. No 'worldy' person I have ever met has ever thought the Witnesses were good people. Not one. Ever. This would be person #1. And why? Because it's obvious that people's experiences make his "JWs are great" argument pale.

People, just keep on posting your personal heartaches to this thread. Some honest people will get it.

ash

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

SS, everyones answer were straight to the point. I've never called anyone a troll before but when the shoe fits, someone has to wear it and I believe it fits trybalance perfectly.

• jurs
    jurs

I think he's a troll too, and he's being awfully quiet now. So my question is , Do you think the trolls are JW's making up stories ? I remember a troll that once came on and said his neice got aids from someone in the congregation. I couldn't believe that anyone would come on this forum to stir up problems . But they do. Don't ya wonder what kind of brother he is? Perhaps the fanatical one. jurs

• trybalance
    trybalance

I gotta laugh. Ash I never said- not once- no where no how- did I say the jw's were great or good. Did not happen. Rather I said I do understand the bad things in this religion. I asked only why you guys felt this need to keep fueling this thing. That is what I asked and I never once defended this religion or stood up for them. Where you guys read in my owrds that kind of stuff is beyond me. You guys like this kind of stuff and when someone asl why you start judging the person that asked and putting words in their mouths that are not there. Thank you all again. I have been told that I have no heart, that I do not love my parents and that I said many things I did not say. This is very strange here. And I can see why it is so easy to get upset here when people start all the judging and name calling and so forth. I never said what you guys claim I said. I said I do not believe what the jw's believe and I meant that. I said that I told them that also. Bad place to come here for a straight answer.

• jurs
    jurs

Trybalance,

Your so full of shit!!!!

jurs

• undercover
    undercover
    No 'worldy' person I have ever met has ever thought the Witnesses were good people. Not one. Ever.

Must not get out much. There is good and bad in every religion, every country, every race, every organization. There are some that I have met that absolutely hate the witnesses. I have met others who commented on what fine people witnesses were. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Some are good people, sincere, honest. Others are no good. Perception is reality, depending on the experience of the one telling the story.

• sf
    sf

jurs,

None of my post was directed towards you in the slightest. Rest easy.

sKally

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    I asked only why you guys felt this need to keep fueling this thing.

Because the JWs as an Org are evil. They've left a trail of spiritual, mental and physical corpses. I hate them, not because of what just happened to me, but because of what continues to happen to good people; all victims of the JW Org's great apathy.

That's why, and if you can't get that, then I can't comprehend where you're coming from. Read the experiences on this thread with a shred of humanity. Real people were incredibly hurt, some vulnerable people were taken in by a "Christian" sect with cultish tendencies.

Forget doctrine. They have no way of defending themselves on that count. Personal experiences shape what a religion is, and if there are a disproportionate amount of bad exerpiences, them something in damn wrong with it.

ash

• Valis
    Valis

I'll give you a straight answer trybalance....its called advocacy. Many people here have relatives/friends/loved ones still in the organization for one reason or another. Some people choose to be advocates for the blind, or the abused, or the mentally/physically handicapped. There is no difference in what many do here than that. Many here share their stories, feed us info on current JW goings on, and many here offer solace and counseling to those who've had a bad time as witnesses. I might also mention that there a many people here interested in the biblical twisting and bastardization that has been perpetrated by the WTBTS, and make every effort to refute their misapplication or just downright poor scholarship whenever possible. As well, we make many new friends and keep each other aware of family/personal issues. You need a straighter answer or are you just looking to piss people off?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit