Hi

by trybalance 121 Replies latest jw friends

• trybalance
    trybalance

I'm a first time poster. I'm not a JW. My wife has been a JW for 5 years now. I go to the meetings with her and always have. A few months back a friend at work learned that my wife was a witness and that I went to the Kingdom Hall with her. Come to find out he is a former witness. He came down real hard on me. Then he told me to go to the internet and see for myself. So about six months back I started checking these sites out. To make a long story short I was amazed at what I saw. I didnt care to much about what the watchtower was doing to be honest. What amazed me was that the former witnesses were more wrapped up in watchtower things than the current witnesses. I will say that once I told the people at the kingdom hall that I was not going to study or become a jehovahs witness they acted happy that I just came to the church with my wife. They all talk to me and I do play sofball with them from time to time. I dont believe everything they believe. I would go with my wife to the baptist church if that is what she wanted. And I would'nt belive everything they believe either. Anyway, as an outsider, so to speak, I had to sign up here and ask why all the attitude? My brother and his wife are catholics and they are'nt into all this hate and anger thing. And the witnesses at the kingdom hall treat me well even though I am not a member. My wife always said that there were a lot of people that heted the witnesses but I was not quite prepared for all this. I got to tell you though that the guy at work that lead me here, well this thing sure backfired on him. He just quit talking about it when I told him what I saw here. Now he just changes the subject.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

well, a lotta folks haven't got much food on their table
    but they got a lot of forks
    and knives
    and they gotta cut somethin'...................

Pope

Edited by - popeoferuke on 14 October 2002 0:44:49

• myself
    myself

trybalance (like the name you picked) Welcome.

There is a lot of anger because there are a lot who have been hurt. Familys have been split, friends are lost, they learned that being a jw meant accepting conditional love. They found out after all the sacrifices they made due to their faith, were made to an organization that is based on hypocrisy. It can be very turbulent here but I have looked past the anger and have found the information I looked for to free myself from the mind control and allow myself to live again.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, trybalance, as well as they treat you at the KH, you will not get into the paradise the JWs preach about on the basis of your wife's being a witness, and your wife knows that. She is hoping that if you keep coming you will eventually get baptized. Then you will be saved and eligible for paradise.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only dedicated, baptized witnesses of Jehovah will be saved through the great tribulation. You are not so you will die.

I have seen husbands come for years without getting baptized, nice guys, friendly and helpful, but the fact is that the Watchtower Society teaches that only baptized witnesses will survive the coming destruction, no exceptions.

As to the anger you see here, many have been lied to and manipulated by the Watchtower Society.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

If you want to see the really, really, really Dark Side of the Watchtower, start with this Website: http://www.silentlambs.org

What is the worst crime you can think of?

I think I would say CHILD RAPE.

That Website has all the PROOF that the Watchtower Society has been intentionally covering up and protecting CHILD RAPISTS (while punishing the VICTIMS) for at least the last 10-20 years.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 14 October 2002 0:52:47

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Welcome to the Board!

• jurs
    jurs

Trybalance,

You'll never understand whhy we feel the way we do because your too new to and not really part of the JW scene. You said it backfired on your friend at work that he sent you here. How dso? He's only trying to help you. I think your going to be one of the sorts that has to learn the hard way and after throwing years of your life down the toilet. It doesn't matter to me one bit what you believe or how you live your life this site is for people who want to share their experiences (some are incredibly painful) express their anger to those who know exactly how they feel(You wouldn't understand that) and share info ect. One day if you dedicate yourself to the org and having been it for awhile(because it takes awhile to see the warts) you may find yourself here feeling a wee bit differently. Anyway glad you stopped by. Somethings that have been written you may one day be able to relate too.

Take care JURS

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hello Trybalance,

First, welcome to the forum.

I'm glad that the jws treat you well. That isn't always the case. I have a friend on Paltalk who's husband became a jw and because she voices how she feels about their beliefs, she is now having problems with her husband, and the jws do not treat her the same as you have been treated. They call her an opposer.

To the jw's, they see you still as a possible convert. For the simple fact that you do go to the meetings. As long as you do so and do not put down their beliefs, they will continue to be nice to you.

As far as the anger coming through some of the posters post. It's understandable, as they have been mistreated. ie, lost their whole families due to their leaving. I do not have anger for the simple fact that I do not have any jw family members. This place is a melting pot of different feelings.

I do hope you will stick around a while. If for nothing more than to understand us.

Shari

• trybalance
    trybalance

I can understand poeple being hurt and all. In the few months I've been looking at these places, well, let me put it this way I was very shy about even putting my words here. There is just a lot of bad things said and it didn't seem like a warm and fuzzy place to be. If a guy says the wrong thing on one of these places he gets beat up pretty hard. The guy at work that told me about these places said that I would learn a lot and make a lot of friends that would help me to understand. I'll be bold here to say that what I learned was that former witnesses have a big attitude going. All I wanted to do, after I got up the courage, was ask why? It seems like, well, these people are more eat up with the jehovahs witness thing than they are at the kingdom hall. I was born into a penacostal family. When my wife started the kingdom hall thing I went along for the ride. I thought well at least these people are'nt rolling on the floor. But even in our little penacostal church we had some people that were'nt nice. Things did'nt always go right. But hell, thats life. Had a guy down the street that got in trouble for having sex with his little niece but that did'nt ruin our neighborhood if you see what I mean. Anyway it took me a long time to just ask this question and now I will probably regret it.

• DJ
    DJ

Trybalance,

I agree with you that there is a lot of anger here. Honestly though, fortunately for you......you haven't been hurt, shunned, abused, lost a loved on thru the hypocrital blood policy, ETC. yet. I say the word "yet" with concern for you and your family. There are many, many people here who have suffered great loss because of their false teachings. I don't expect you to understand because you simply cannot.

As far as the kindness you are experiencing...it's called love bombing. Your wife, in time......more than likely will want you to be baptized. If that doesn't happen.....in time........the love bombing may cease.

I would like to direct you to a site where you can learn in-depth about the policy that could kill your wife or you or your children. Please take the time to read it, it may spare you great agony one day.

click on this: www.ajwrb.org Love in Christ, Dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit