I AM A NEWBIE, NEED HELP

by wildfire 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome ((((((((((Wildfire))))))))))

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome, Wildfire.

After years in a cult, and married to a person who claimed metaphysical superiority to you and made you suffer, it is no wonder that you need to take baby steps.

But be confident that a journey of a thousand miles really does begin with one step, even if it is a "baby step."

Tell me if this story has any meaning for you:

THE LION WHO SAW HER FACE IN THE WATER

There was once a lion who lived in a desert that was very windy; and because of this, the water in the holes from which she usually drank was never still, for the wind riffled the surface and it never reflected anything.

One day this lion wandered into a forest, where she hunted and played,until she felt rather tired and thirsty. Looking for water, she came across a pool of the coolest, most tempting, and most placid water that you could possibly imagine. Lions, like other wild animals, can smell water, and the scent of this water was like ambrosia to her.

So the lion approached the pool, and extended her neck to have a good drink. Suddenly, though, he saw her reflection and imagined that it must be another lion.

"Oh dear," she thought to herself, "this must be water belonging to another lion I had better be careful."

She retreated, but then thirst drove her back again, and again she saw the head of a fearsome lion looking back at her from the surface of the pool.

This time our lion hoped that she might be able to frighten the 'other lion' away: and so she opened her mouth and gave a terrible roar. But no sooner had she bared her teeth than, of course, the mouth of the 'other lion' opened as well, and this seemed to our lion to be an awful and dangerous sight.

Again and again the lion retreated and then returned to the pool. Again and again she had the same experience.

After a long time, however, she was so thirsty and desperate that she decided to himself: "Lion or no lion, I am going to drink from that pool!"

And, lo and behold, no sooner had she plunged her face into the water than the 'other lion' disappeared.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 13 October 2002 16:0:2

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Wildfire

Welcome!! Please come here often. You are in for the education of a lifetime

Cool name too

Dismembered

• Mulan
    Mulan

Welcome to our little world.

As mouthy said, we have unconditional love here. We will try to be gentle.

• wildfire
    wildfire

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT,,,,, I am crying now because you give me more love than my so---called brothers and sisters who never even call tosee if i am dead or alive. here is one of my poems i hope you like it the name is:::: TIME TO HEAL

THE LESS BROKEN HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THE MORE BROKEN

BUT WHERE DO WE FIT IN?

A L OOK, A SIGH, A CHANCE TO BEGIN

TO SEE THE PAIN INSIDE

TO CARE WITHOUT COMMITTMENT

TO COMMIT WITHOUT A CARE

DARE WE SAY WE WILL BE THERE

TO CALM OUR BROTHERS FEARS

DON'T JUDGE ME FOR THE WAY I SEEM

THE MASK I WEAR IS REAL--------

JUST REALIZE FOR ALL ITS WORTH

THE BROKEN NEED TIME TO HEAL!!!!!!!!!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Wildfire,

You are among friends. You have my gentle hand on your shoulder and a warm hug. This is a frightening time for you, but despite the times when you "convince" yourself that you are alone. Remember this: YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Life is one day at a time for each and every one of us. Healing takes time. You are definitely in a good place here.

I welcome you with all my heart. Please take care of yourself.

Sentinel

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

wildfire. as everyone else said ur in for an education that will put ur mind at ease. u have many friends here. i hope you stick it out, and come here as often as u can.i was skeptikal(sp) at first myself. and to be honest the only reason i havent done anything stupid is because of people on this board......so in a nutshell.....welcome wildfire..ur amongst REAL friends here...and on the bright side. u dont even have to wake up and get 20 hrs a month to keep us as real friends.;-)....

• Xandria
    Xandria

Welcome to the board.

Xandria

• LB
    LB

You've got the right idea wildfire. Baby steps. Just go slow in all your decisions.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Baby-steps are just fine.

Take care of yourself.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit