Demoted from elder to MS, anybody ever heard of this?

by Naoscillator 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate
    flying monkeys (C.O.s)

Awesome analogy! LOL!

So in this picture we see a CO flying monkey and Wicked Witch Governing Body Momma WT looking at the latest JW Broadcasting Crystal Ball.

But seriously immediate demotions is something I hadn't heard of. The new elders' book clearly states that if an elder steps down he doesn't have to be an MS before being re-appointed, and if he doesn't meet requirements and is deleted, a substantial time would go by for him to prove he qualified and then BOE may suggest to the CO that he get re-appointed.

If the elder stepped down for personal reasons and the body of elders didn't feel he lacked in any requirements, yet he asks to serve as an MS instead he may be appointed as MS with BOE support and CO approval.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    I was offered to step down to be an MS when I handed my notice in. And i know of at least two other similar cases. They'd rather have people slaving in any capacity than sitting around enjoying themselves.
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

Splash - The scriptural difference between an elder and MS is that the elder must be 'qualified to teach'.

Good point, but therein lies the conundrum for the JWs. Is an elder 'qualified to teach' before he is appointed as an elder or only after he is appointed as an elder?

If it is before he is appointed as an elder then he was indeed 'qualified to teach' as a ministerial servant. But if it is only after he is appointed as an elder then he should not have been appointed as an elder as he was not 'qualified to teach'.

This was the whole argument of Paul in Romans 4:9-12.

On the other hand, the Bible lists practices and personal habits that prevent someone from being appointed as an elder or ministerial servant. Many of these are disfellowshipping offences. If a brother does not qualify then is it reasonable to conclude that his practices and personal habits disqualified him?

Of course, in a man-made religion under the control of a corporation none of this matters.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yes when I resigned 6 years ago (after being out mentally for years before that), the BOE asked me to just take a little "time off" from responsibility and rethink my decision. I said 'no thanks' so then they offered me a MS position and again I said 'no thanks'.

I truly believe that hundreds of elders would welcome being removed because they know that they are slinging bs in the congregation and it really stinks. Real life is-------well real and full of freedom!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    All i can say is that two years ago the body i was on presented this directly to the branch. They directly said no. *shrug* i cant say anything beyond that....
  • hoser
    hoser

This CO has a reputation that precedes him. A take no prisoners, hatchet-wielding badass who doesn't care whose feelings he steps on. In other words, the ideal WT company man.

thats why I m not an elder or ms. I've got no use for abusive dickheads like that.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Finkelstein said,

Umm .... lack of shepherding is unlikely but disorganization could have been apparent, based probably from the age of these men.

My own father was appointed a MS not too long ago and he's 81 years old and suffering from slight dementia.

Goes to show that the WTS organization will exploit people indiscriminately when needed.

I would think the WTS is discriminating in the appointments, being as half the GB is suffering from slight dementia. Oops! Sorry! ... suffering from advanced dementia.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    Morpheus said: It confims nothing.

Ooops, I guess I should have said "evidently".

This is Spanish, mind you, a different story attendance wise than English in the US.

Yes! I understand there is a difference. You mention US but even in this country 10+ years ago when we were faithful attenders, a member of the public attending on Sunday was so rare, it was virtually non existent. Still, congregation administrative matters were always addressed during the mid-week 'members' meeting.

From what I've previously witnessed, if there had been a major problem in the congregation to the scale you describe, the CO will have been involved long before his scheduled visit. He would held meetings with the now former elders, although the remainder of the congregation might not be aware of his presence. I've also seen an additional CO visit added in between the regularly scheduled visits. Changes being made were then announced during the CO's local needs talk.

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Drastic! naoscillator. Keep in touch with the freind. With tongues wagging it wont be long before more is revealed. Maybe those elders grew some backbone and gave that c.o a hard time. Wt Still preaching that they are not masters. Hopefully they'll get offended, wake up, group up and leave.

But yes it seems more and more c.o's are getting nasty in their comments and actions. But whatever J allows "it's for a good reasons."

Thanks for your post, came at the right time for me.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Although I would say Head office would be very much in the background. I think with the CO now been primarily calling the shots we are going to see a lot more of this. This has now opened things up to interpretation. Where as one CO may of kicked their arses to the kerb another has seen fit to demote them. Even on this thread someone has mentioned weather an elder is a teacher before or after his appointment, and can be interpreted in different ways to come to a different outcome. It would be interesting to see what would happen if a CO made a really bad decision, and how it would be resolved since WT no longer has control of who he appoints.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit