Demoted from elder to MS, anybody ever heard of this?

by Naoscillator 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator
    @Finkelstein, what my source heard from the CO was that generally, the flock was not being taken care of and that nobody on the body was really doing their job. It's likely he heard many complaints straight from the publishers about lack of shepherding, disorganization, etc.
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    I do wonder as a congergation doesn't meet the monthly Kingdom Hall fund if the elders are called to task by the CO.
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

My 2 cents: An Elder needs to have all the latest doctrinal changes in his head. He is the local go to guy that is supposed to have all the Bible (WT) answers. MS, can slip by a bit with this.

Maybe this CO has no sense of humor and at the Elder's meeting, started picking on brothers to answer his WT questions, and you better have the latest flip flop answer. I know I couldn't do it. Maybe some of the Elder's answered with last month's latest doctrinal beliefs. Not this month's. (Last month little kids could keep their ice cream money, this month they have to give it to the GB). lol

Oh what happy freedom to think one's own happy thoughts, than to be in Watchtard Land. lol

LL

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It's likely he heard many complaints straight from the publishers about lack of shepherding, disorganization.

Umm .... lack of shepherding is unlikely but disorganization could have been apparent, based probably from the age of these men.

My own father was appointed a MS not too long ago and he's 81 years old and suffering from slight dementia.

Goes to show that the WTS organization will exploit people indiscriminately when needed.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Negative on advanced age. An elder of advanced age is allowed to retain his tittle but have no real resoonsiblities. Thats all print. Demotion is not in print and would not fly in the USA branch. I have been involved with that discussion with the branch. "No provision" for it is the phrase
  • Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

@Finkelstein I agree. I know some of these men to be attentive shepherds, something else must have been THE deciding factor. Lack of organization did cause a few snafus that were getting that congregation a reputation as a bit of a sideshow. Sorry to hear that they are "using" your father the way they are at his age. Hopefully they consider his situation and it doesn't equate to much of an actual workload.

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator
    @_Morpheus This is what I always thought too because I've seen it in print. It's weird, weird, weird. The USA branch might just need to hear about it.
  • millie210
    millie210

That would be amusing to see what the U.S. branch did about it.

Now that they let the flying monkeys (C.O.s) out of their bag to make these decisions how will they control the fallout?

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Although now that COs have the appointing power perhaps the rules have changed on demotion.
  • freddo
    freddo

I have heard (rumour and only in one solitary case in Cornwall, England about ten years ago) that an elder who couldn't cope with judicials and stuff asked if he could be a MS instead and it was agreed by the London Branch.

But as The Listener said perhaps the rules have changed now the travelling monkeys have their own power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit