Demoted from elder to MS, anybody ever heard of this?

by Naoscillator 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

IF an elder steps down or is asked to step down, but not for wrong doing, later on, if he is appointed again, he is appointed as elder.

If an elder is deleted because of wrong doing, he must be appointed MS first before being appointed elder.

Otherwise, I agree with Morpheus. NO demotions, only deletions.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I've never seen that happen. Usually, as with all high-control/cult groups, humiliation is key. Letting a former Eldub perform MS duties wouldn't be that humiliating IMO.

You gotta let me know that Jeehoober is not pleased. Nothing works quite like a degrading, public, loss of all "blessings" from big J.

DD

• menrov
    menrov
    May be it all happened because these elders have a history on record with children and as COs are now accountable a cleanup.might take place
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Do not misinderstand the new arrangment. CO's are NOT calling the shots on appointments now anymore than they were before. They are still just a link in the chain to bethel. The only differance is now sugguested appointments are sent to the Flying monkey ahead of his visit along with pertinent information on the slug being recomended. He discusses with the branch in advance of his visit and by the time he gets there the branch has already given the yea/nae on him. The CO can still change his mind during the week if something dosent sit well with him but dont think for a moment that bethel has removed themselves from the appointment loop. Not at all. It still goes through them before anything is done.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

I have seen things change up in cases where there has been child abuse in a congregation... has this happened?

Or, maybe disagreement in selling the Kingdom Hall? or "remodeling"? and taking out a loan?

If the elders do not go along with the plan, are willing to speak up or 'tell the truth', it is easy to make the deletions, and move the new crew in...

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Not trying to be argumentative, but there is one small difference that was always trotted out to me in the past between being a MS or an elder. It was the "qualified to teach" line. And I have heard a number of cases in the US mid-western states location where elders were "demoted".

Just curious though, where was this incident, and what was the (C.O.) Commanding Officers name? If it can be reveled without blowing anyone's cover.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

They directly said no. *shrug* i cant say anything beyond that....

LOL, that really shows the "consistency" that the Watchtard Babble & Tablet $ociety operates under.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit