Demoted from elder to MS, anybody ever heard of this?

by Naoscillator 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Incognito
    Incognito

These types of administrative matters had always been addressed during the Service Meeting, never on a Sunday. Sunday had always been considered as open to the public.

I guess, this further confirms that the public do not attend on Sunday so there is no reason to delay dealing with the congregation's private matters.

• Splash
    Splash

The scriptural difference between an elder and MS is that the elder must be 'qualified to teach'.

Apart from that, no difference.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    It confims nothing. This story is second hand and questionable at best.
  • blondie
    blondie
    BOE/make their own rules. That is why I don't see them as obedient except when it benefits them or they think they won't be caught.
  • Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

@morpheus, I wish it wasn't so, but this is legit.

@incognito, interestingly there were many bible studies , interested ones, and a number there who were attending for the first time. This is Spanish, mind you, a different story attendance wise than English in the US. He was addressing a packed house. Amazingly, he told all there not to ask why this happened, or talk among themselves. Of course, nobody who was there can stop talking about it.

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator
    @freddo He made a point of citing his own "scriptural" authority to make the changes. Hence my questions, one has to wonder if a letter went to COs that gives them even more leeway than what the July 2014 BOE letter said.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Side point - do you know why so much activity and interest in the spanish community?

Just wondering.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    I've seen this happen once in the mid-90s in Puerto Rico (which is a US territory). Multiple complaints to the CO over a period of several years about uncaring elders in my congo eventually led to a revamp very similar to the OP. But the CO did not make any changes and allowed this behavior from the COBE for way too long. In fact, he only took action after the Field Circus hours and rag placements dropped significantly.
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

When I stepped back as an elder (reason doubts) the Cobe first wanted that I continue serving as a MS.

I told him that my doubts are too strong. After debating, the boe accepted my stepping back.

I think the question is not if it is in US branch or not. The rules are the same for all branches.

If the co thinks that those elders are better in their positions as ms, he can suggest that to the branch, or maybe just decide it for himself

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    The ironic thing is uncaring CO's are removing uncaring Elders. Hmmm!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit