Christmas Aint Jesus's Birthday

by comforter 94 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    Jesus was not born on december 25.

Doh.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Is AjaxMan right? If you still go to the Kingdom Hall, does that mean you are counting time here on this board? If that is the case, and you are a dub, you must get counseled alot on using correct english! I'm not perfect, but your posts are horrific!

Mrs. Shakita

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

The Nameless one said

Jesus warned about man made traditions
    Yeah like not celebratin' Xmas. You better be caful.
  • imanaliento
    imanaliento

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH NOOOOOO

your mispronouncing Jehovahs name, calling it something it ain't.

do you wear a wedding ring? know someone that does? It's pagan even as far as which finger it goes on. father, son and holy ghost. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY.

• stichione
    stichione

Comforter,

You're focusing on the wrong thing. But it's not your fault, you're just repeating the Mantra of your masters. However, consider the following points and mediate on them for a change:

-December 25th is not the day of Jesus' birth. Practically everyone worldwide accepts this including myself. It was originally used as a day of worship for the sun. Today however, the sun is not worshipped anymore, so the MEANING of that celebration has lost its original use. That day is instead set aside by Chrisitianity to observe and celebrate the birth of our Savior, since the exact day of Jesus' birth is not known. After all, not knowing the EXACT pronunciation of God's name does not stop the WTS from calling him Jehovah, now does it?

As an example, married people wear a wedding band. The origin of that practice is also pagan. But the MEANING of the wedding band is no longer that which the pagans used it for, and today only represents being married and faithful to one's mate. JWs also wear wedding bands and the WTS permits this and does NOT say it is a pagan practice. Why? because they wisely recognize that the meaning it carries today is not the same as with pagans in the past. Now if the WTS uses this logic with wedding bands, why doesn't it also use it with Christmas?

Furthermore remember:

-An angel declared to shepherds in the fields, "I am declaring to you the good news of a great joy that all the people will have, because there was born to you a Savior" (Luke 2: 10,11). The angels in heaven "praised God" (Luke 2:13) that Jesus was born. Yes indeed, there was feasting and rejoicing in heaven that Jesus was born. So why can't we also feast and rejoice on Earth that Jesus was born?

-The Apostle Paul says the following:
    Col. 2: 16-17: "Let now man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect to a festival..."
    Rom. 14: 5-9: "One man judges one day as above another, one man judges one day as others, let each man be fully conviced in his own mind. He who observes a day observes it to Jehovah...".

Paul was writing to congregations which were composed of both Jews and former pagans. Each group had their own festivities, including Saturnalis (Dec. 25). And yet Paul did not judge them nor disfellowship them for continuing to observe them, nor did he tell them to cease and desist. The important thing in the christian congregation was love.

Meditate on these points I just mentionned, because if you changed your name from Comforter to The Nameless One, it is because you're depressed and truly need comforting.

Edited by - stichione on 11 October 2002 12:11:34

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Comforter, why haven't you answered this?? Chicken?

BeelzeDub
    Re: Christmas Aint Jesus's BirthdayOct 11, 2002 09:36

Since: Aug 1, 2002
    Jesus did not return in 1914. That is not the date of his return. Why is this day observed as Jesus's return by Jehovah's Witnesses? Because a false prophet predicted that the end of the world would come in that year and when that did not happen the then president of the Watchtower Bible and Tract
  • SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Comforter(named one)

When you first joined this board, you wrote with perfectly good English:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=29276&site=3

Then as everyone knows, your spelling and grammar became gradually more and more sub-human. I presume this was an attempt to catch newbies unawares, and you would appear to be less smart than you actually are. This would give you a (false) feeling of having a psychological advantage.

Then as you are now growing tired of being the true dumbass that you actually are, you are again trying to fabricate a transition back to your former literate self.

You must be so bored living your life as a Watchtower-generated clone that you have to try and live out this FANTASY of playing with the minds of ex-witnesses and others who have been SERIOUSLY HURT AND ABUSED by your beloved organisation.

BUT YOU ARE FOOLING NOBODY BUT YOURSELF!!!

When you get disfellowshipped by the WBTS for reading, and posting on, this site, I hope you have the courage to tell us what a moron you have been.

Spanner

Edited by - SpannerintheWorks on 11 October 2002 12:27:42

• comforter
    comforter

ancient jews and early christians did not celebrate birthdays. the lord never told his followers to celebrate his birth either. it was the romans that came up with the idea of indirectly worshiping the sun god. can anything clean come from something unclean? nope.

about the wedding ring. it not so much pagan origins but pagan religious origins. light and darkness dont mix.

the meaning of christmas has not changed. it was conceived in sin and it is now a full grown deviation of christendom. if it so innocent, why early christians and ancient jews reject birthday celebrations. we can thank Jehovah for Christ without celebrating a festival to Jehovah, so called.

trauma

you all dont know whether Jesus returned in 1914 or not. I believe that he did and you don't. that your choice. but Jesus's presence has nothin to do with no longer celebrating the lord's evening meal. Jesus said to observe the evening meal until he arrives. he dont arrive until the last of the annointed have been taking up to heaven.

"The observance of Christmas is not of divine appointment, nor is it of NT origin. The day of Christ's birth cannot be ascertained from the NT, or, indeed, from any other source."

That from Mclintock and Strong.

the nameless one

• DJ
    DJ

Nameless,

You make no sense. Wedding rings are indeed 'religious' for the simple reason that they are given at a wedding ceremony at a church where we ask God's blessing on the mariage and take marriage vowels before Him. You even do that in kh's.

Your view of Christmas is perverted to a loving heart in Christ.

I have asked you twice now, in two of your threads, if you would like to have a public discussion about the watchtower's blood policy. Why don't you answer me? If you don't wish to, that's fine.

Love in Christ,

Dj

• comforter
    comforter

dj

you not seeing the issue correctly. the nameless one's point that wedding rings were not intricately tied to false religion exclusively in the past, not today.

and why would i discuss the wts blood policy with you? dont you already know it? havent you visited the wt website. it tells you all you need to know about jw blood policy.

nameless or no named one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit