Christmas Aint Jesus's Birthday

by comforter 94 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Didn't banquet days last sometimes as long as 3 or 4 months at a time. 3 or more months of just drinking and pigging out and dancing and feasting? I thought it was a tradition that was started to show off the high standard of living.

Well thats what I discovered in a few history books here and there.

• mindfield
    mindfield

Can't some hardcore JW (you know who you are) try to refute my post? I recall my brother when he tried to explain some of his beliefs, and he used some modern pagan influences on our day-to-day lives. I also recall my parents didn't have much to say back to him. Perhaps someone else could give a shot?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Yadirf,

You said:

The record simply doesn't say ... apparently because it's not an important detail.

GOOD!

The record simply doesn't say whether or not Christians should celebrate Birthdays.

The record simply doesn't say whether or not Christians should celebrate Anniversaries.

The record simply doesn't say whether or not Christians should celebrate Christ's Resurrection.

So leave it alone will you. You are not the JUDGE.

YOU ARE GOING WAY BEYOND SCRIPTURE by condemning people for celebrating certain days.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

UnDisfellowshipped,

So leave it alone will you. You are not the JUDGE.

Perhaps one day yet you will learn to heed your own advice!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I do not judge or condemn you Yadirf.

In fact I have love for you.

However, the Bible says that it is a BIG SIN to try to enslave other people into going along with what your conscience (or in this case, Brooklyn Bethel's "conscience") says to do, especially on things which are not even mentioned in the Holy Word of God.

May God give you peace and open your eyes Yadirf!

Have a good day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit