Have you read my experience in the Awake?Read this

by ELON14 67 Replies latest jw friends

• dsgal
    dsgal

Thanks for posting your story.I get embarrassed when I look back at some of the things I told people when I was in the bOrg.I now realize how silly I must have seemed to others.We were all only doing what we thought we should do and what they trained us to do.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Welcome ELON.

My sincere condolences to you and your wife on the loss of your beloved son.

I enjoyed reading yur story very much. Thank you for sharing.

• happy man
    happy man

hello ELON.

I must ask you what hapend who make you change uyour oppinon like this, i just read your story in WT, and it was amazing, fore me this international brotherhood is very important, i remeber reading something about treagikal thing happend i NZ, but i dont remember what, whas thia thing happend to your son , the reason that you leave JW?

When you say all this acusations, have you personaly expirienses who show this, or wat is your proof?

I have seen some myself, when my son was dfd, but i am still inn, ans my son is back and inn after 2 years of struggling.

sending you my warmest regards from Sweden

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Your story as printed and published must have made you very happy at that time in your life. Our journies are full of these types of things, where we look back and wonder why we were led that certain way. We must do what we must do at these times, and learn not regret our experiences. We can take the good and leave the rest, which it sounds like you have done. I commend you.

I would be curious to know if you have contacted the WTBTS writing department, and advised them that you would like to do a "follow-up" story and bring them uptodate on your present life. That would be a first, wouldn't it?

Sentinel

• pandora
    pandora

I don't want to be insensitive or anything, but I can not always be on this site and someone mentioned the story of ELON's son is here. I do not know of it. Could someone point me in the right direction so that I may understand his plight better.
    Thank you
    -P(J)

• detective
    detective

Elon,
    I was wondering what has happened since you came to these conclusions. Does your wife feel the same way? Are your parents still in the organization? If so, is your relationship now strained with your relatives?

I realize this must have been a tremendous struggle for you and wouldn't mind hearing what's been happening since you've recognized the reality behind the organization.

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

ELON may be a native speaker of Hebrew, but modern Hebrew and biblical Hebrew are not the same language when it comes to grammar and syntax. Scholars of biblical Hebrew are clear that the preposition "le-" is primarily spatial and may be a valid marker for "in" OR "at."

It is unlikely that the translators of the King James Version (1611) and the New King James Version (1976) had any 1914 bias when they translated Jeremiah 29:10 as "seventy years AT Babylon." It is also unlikely that the translators of the Greek Septuagint and the Latin Vulgate had a 1914 bias when they rendered that verse essentially the same way in their languages.

Grammar alone can't solve the problem.

• ELON14
    ELON14

Some of you ask whether my story was changed by the society to suit their liking.

Well only two things .One in the story itself. They added a sentence I never said,but it had no real significance,I just never said it(i don't wish to be picky) .The other thing was the title. I never said what the title does,"I was train to kill,now I'm saving lives". that was something they put there in my name without asking me( my title was"From nationalism to Jehovah's organization").

Apart from that they were quite good about the rest of the article as far as the language was concern

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Elon,

Welcome to the board. Israeli Army, huh, cool. I'm a soldier in the US Army. As I go to shul on Fridays we have a former Israeli 1SG training here as a private. Ya'll are tough. Given your unique experience and history, what is your suggestion for the solution to the problems between Israel and Palestine?

• heathen
    heathen

I think your title would have made more sense it is apparent that the WT was going for more drama and attracking readers.It's not like you are bin laden converting or anything ,you were clearly doing a civil service.That however was a sad story the way your own people treated you and your wife .Many people don't realize they way things are in Isreal these days regarding zionism .I do remember reading your story in the awake and I was very shocked to see someone telling a story that is contrary to what most of the christian religions believe about the jewish nation.I hear mostly support for the Isrealis from most gentiles and the media in the US and when you said these people won't let you live in peace and take a wife that you choose not only that but suggest taking her as a slave it totally dawned on me just how prejudiced and despicable they are. I still feel you didn't lose by leaving your country and persuing your dream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit