Have you read my experience in the Awake?Read this

by ELON14 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Wow - I remember that article too (I wonder how much of my brain is being wasted filled up with WTS stuff?)

I wouldn't feel bad about giving the experience in the Awake - we all do what we think is right at the time. A lot of the things I did and said I would not have done if I knew what I know now. I'm sure I'm not alone!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

What's meant by "spiritism" ?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Shalom, Elon14,

Your post was an encouragement to read! For a person to 'humble himself' and admit he was wrong, and apologize is an example well to imitate. It builds your character and according to Scripture is what God wants in all of us.

Matthew 23:12 says, "Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

When was the last time the Watchtower Organization ever humbled itself and apologized for anything they said or did? Do they ever exalt themselves in any of their articles? I think your testimony is a forced humilitation on them. Their true dose of 'humility' from God still awaits them!

Congratulations and welcome to the human race!

Outaservice

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I borrowed a few translations of the Bible from the farm owners and also got hold of a copy of the NewWorldTranslationoftheHolyScriptures and compared them all with a copy of the Bible in the Hebrew language. I was thrilled to discover that the NewWorldTranslation was the most accurate and genuine translation.

I wonder how you feel about this statement today. I still think that the NWT is not more biased than any other translation. Biased it is - but so are all translations. What do you think about the accuracy today?

Edited by - GermanJW on 9 October 2002 4:52:34

Edited by - GermanJW on 9 October 2002 4:52:54

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Elon,

You felt it was a good thing to do at the time, so your motivations are above reproach - it was only misinformation that was the problem, and that was certainly not your fault.

Glad you got out, and welcome!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Elon

thanx for posting your story

Dismembered

• hippikon
    hippikon

Sorry to be so un trustring but we have been the victim of imposters on this board before - Can you tell me who your district overseer is?

Edited by - hippikon on 9 October 2002 6:51:29

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This article was posted on this site earlier in the year i think when events surrounding your son's disappearance surfaced. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I wonder how much of the WT's written material over the years was written by persons who have now left the WT. It is a sad irony when you think about it.

Path

• ELON14
    ELON14

Dear GermanJW,

The words you quoted are included in what I would like to take back. Although I still think ,with my knowledge of the Hebrew language, that some parts of the Hebrew scriptures were translated in the NWT more accurately than many other translations, I no longer believe it is as honest translation as it is claimed to be.

True, many translations are biased, but personally I don't believe that a biased translation is a good translation, simply because being biased and completely accurate don't go hand in hand .However ,with the NWT, it is more than just being biased and maybe inaccurate here and there.I was given the feeling in some places that dishonesty is involved.In some cases the NWT mistranslated only one word or even one letter...a very small change but with great affect on the true meaning of the text ,all in an obvious effort to support a particular doctrine.

Good example is found in Jeremiah 29:10 In the NWT it says:"In accord with the fulfilling of the seventy years AT Babylon I shall turn my attention to You people..." The Hebrew letter LE translated At in the NWT always means FOR or TOneverAT. The correct translation is FOR Babylon not AT Babylon.

I don't believe that the NWT committee made a sincere mistake for in Jeremiah 29:29(same chapter) the Hebrew letter LE that appears before "my people" is correctly translated "FOR my people" .So the NWT committee knew what that Hebrew letter correctly means.But in Jeremiah 29:10 they dishonestly translated the letter LE Babylon as AT Babylon to give the understanding that the 70 years mentioned there referred to the time the Jews were AT Babylon ,changing the true meaning of the verse in the original language which really says that the 70 years were FOR Babylon not the Jews. All in an effort to support the 1914 doctrine.

Yes a very small change but enough to make people believe that 1914 is a doctrine supported by the book of Jeremiah.( I hope you see the connection between the two).

Yes many other translations are even less honest than the NWT but that does not change the fact that the NWT is not as honest as I used to think, and dishonesty is dishonesty.

ELON14

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I wonder how much of the WT's written material over the years was written by persons who have now left the WT. It is a sad irony when you think about it.
    Yes, Path. How about most of " Aid To Bible Understanding" - Ray Franz

Edited by - SpannerintheWorks on 9 October 2002 7:11:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit