Shame On All of You

by DakotaRed 40 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

All week long, much has been done here that could rip Silentlambs apart. Pat Garza has faced ridicule and scorn, Bill Bowen is now also being drug about by his short hairs over his letters by all you arm chair attorney's who haven't contributed an iota of what he has or placed yourselves anywhere near harm's way as he has.

All I can say is I'm damned ashamed of all of you and I'm through with this shit!!!!!

Lew W

• Dino
    Dino

Amen Dakota Red!

Let me add this, simply because Ive known Bill Bowen for a hundred years. In addition to being as nice a guy you will ever meet, he is thick skinned and mentally tough. These qualities make him somehow uniquely qualified to be the mouthpiece of the Silentlambs. Believe me, the insults and potshots roll right off of him. They have about as much effect as a popcorn fart in the next county.

Dino

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Whoa back Red, calm down, take a deep breath. This is an open forum and there are some disgruntled folks who will question everything, including rather or not the sun will come up in the morning. If it does come up they will say it doesnt come up in the east.

Having said all of that you are a very good advocate for reason and your insight is beyond reproach, so please dont leave because of a few %&"$$%$. OK ???

• Swan
    Swan

Lew,

Unfortunately when an accusation of child abuse comes out, most people look at the accuser/victim as if they are crazy or lying for some hidden reason. The denial of those around the perpetrator is very strong. It can be even stronger among the general public. It makes prosecution of these cases a very hard thing to do. People just don't understand the psychology around the abuse. The Menendez brothers is a classic example. While I don't agree with killing their parents, I do believe that the abuse that they suffered explained and mitigated their crime. Unfortunately the court did not look at that and neither did the general public. The lack of compassion for these victims is very sad.

I don't believe that is totally the case here. I think that some posts have been rather cruel, but others are just concerned. I think there have been some supportive posts too. I would hope that with discusing this though, that each and every person on this board search their thoughts and feelings on this matter to make sure that their motivations are clear and unbiased.

Tammy

• abbagail
    abbagail

THANK YOU, LEW!!!!!

BIG GIANT {{{{{{{{{{{{{ HUG }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

A rather critical, self-righteous flock o' !!!!! coming out of the woodwork all the sudden, eh?

Creepy. Downright creepy!

Love ya/Grits

• Francois
    Francois

I missed it. Who has been saying bad things about Bill?

francois

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Man your attitude is not different than a lot of Witnesses, "You can't question the organizaiton." Same deal. There are serious issues of credibility here and if people want to talk about them, then this is the place to do it. If you don't like it that's your problem.

The accusation against Jarascz, the accusation about five GB members, the reference to 10 elders in Montana molesting someone in an assembly, all of that is sensational stuff. If you're going to be putting that stuff out in public then you can expect to be questioned on it. You want to suck up everything that is spouted as long as it's someting negative and sensational about the organization then you're demonstrating either gullibility or bigotry.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I am with you on this Dakota.

Its a damned shame that all that time and energy is wasted on critique of Silent Lambs actions.

It would be time better spent on some active work at getting the events known to others in our own neighborhoods.

I believe though that YOU will make a mistake if you let your anger run you off this forum. We need people like you here to reflect good judgement.

Outoftheorg

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Yeah, lets just all go back to the Kingdom Hall where we're told what to think, what to say, and when to say it. IS that what you really want, DR?

Bill is doing some wonderful things, but he is not perfect or infallible. When did he become immune from criticism? What makes you think the rest of the posters here are sitting on our hands doing nothing?

that's all I got to say.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Let's remember we're really on the same side here. (Don't you think so??) The infighting is not totally unexpected due to the controversial nature of some of the accusations (as shown above), and the newness and shocking nature of some of the statements being made.

Let's separate Bill's actions/intentions from some of the claims (not all of which are his).

To me his actions and intentions are quite plainly to help bring attention to the plight of children suffering under the regime of JW's. I haven't seen a huge amount of criticism of the INTENT of the silent lambs movement under Bill's supervision. Oh, except for the active JW poster on here who parroted the WT Society's viewpoints on the subject, yadda, yadda.

As far as the CLAIMS (Satanic rituals, the Jaracz thing, among others) these didn't originate with Bill. People have free speech in America and if any of these claims that were made by various protestors cannot be backed up, in time they will be exposed. The allegations should be recognized (and are, by fair-minded people) as only that, allegations. In this country Jaracz is technically innocent until proven guilty. Let time shake out the facts.

The claims are a framework of things to come, and the lawsuits are just beginning. Yes not everything Bill does will have obvious or immediate benefits, but it is all being done to highlight the fraudulent claims of the WT organization that they actually care about suffering little children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit