Shame On All of You

by DakotaRed 40 Replies latest jw friends

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

this is definitely getting redundant, but an attempt should be made to clarify. By stating that posters should get of their asses and DO something instead of just criticizing what others have done, it was never implied that Bill or any other poster should never be questioned. What was implied, by me at least, is that Bill is a free agent, he doesn't require the "go ahead" from anyone here, at least as far as I know, before he can send a letter to the WTS. And to be honest, I didn't even notice the names of posters on the "letter thread," what I did notice is that by the time I finished reading the 3-4 pages of the thread, one would've thought that the world was going to come crashing down because of this letter that Bill had written. I wish that a letter written by Bill to the WTS would get a fraction of the attention that posters were proclaiming it was going to get. I didn't comment until Lew alluded to as much in this thread. And my comment was not made because I felt Bill was above questioning! There were other threads other than the letter thread in which Bill's actions were questioned, and I don't believe I commented in any of them, so to believe that my comment regarding the "letter thread" is due to my belief that noone should be questioned is total nonsense. But I believe that everyone here has noticed recently that the sensationalism is not limited to Bill's actions, but to the reactions to Bill's actions as well. And the exagerration surrounding that letter is but one example. (et's see, how many pages is it up too now?) point made.

My initial comment was intended to say " look, for all of the ones that go on and on and on, all the time, and are now going on yet again about the content of a letter written by someone that, shocker, is not inhibited when it comes to the WTS, who was disfellowshipped for opening his mouth, well if you are now suddenly shocked by his actions, instead of criticizing, and excuse me but criticizing was what was being done, instead of criticizing him on a public forum, why don't you e-mail him and suggest helping him out. Posters were going on about "yea, he should check with a lawyer, he should do this, he should've done that." Well if you're concerned enough to be so concerned about the effect of this letter, why don't you get together and help SilentLambs finance a lawyer ! It's easy enough to sit on a keyboard and criticize someone else's actions, but why don't people worry about what they themselves are doing before they're so fast to condemn. Some posters act as if Bill is a politician that owes them explanations because they put him in office. sorry guys, Bill's actions, good or bad, are basically his business.

What was meant, was there are always going to be people that do nothing more than complain. I did not intend for anyone to think that I was personally accusing any posters of never doing anything, or certainly not that anyone was above being questioned. And I certainly apologize to any posters that believed I was directing my comment at them. My comment was directed at people in general, lurkers included. There is alot of energy on this forum and I agree with Lew, its a shame that it can't be organized into something more constructive. (also, comf, I believe the difference between questioning and criticizing, is criticizing is after the fact.)

with that said, I'm taking a break from here.

__________________________________________________________________________--

Andee, I have always enjoyed your posts, and didn't intend to personally attack you.

____________________________________________________________________________

you know plum, are you sure you're not a brain surgeon ? You, the poster that in one thread tell the "shunned" to shut up about it already, because you have, in another thread you imply that everyone who responded to a certain troll is "stupid," why plum, because you didn't want to respond. You went ballistic on a poster in yet another thread, why plum, for no other reason other than making a comment about the flag and JWs. and now you inform another poster, me, that I should leave this forum because, because why plum the intelligent one, because you claim posters are entitled to FREELY EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS ! So I guess what you meant to say was that posters, myself included, are free to express our thoughts as long as they coincide with your opinion. If not, well they can go to another forum. you're brilliant.......

And if you wanted you could use your own advice and go to a forum where YOU can dictate the content of all conversations between all posters so YOU will be completely happy with all the words used by all posters and make a list of what they should think, when they can think it and or how they should express it in order to "qualify" and be deemed acceptable enough to be a member of the same forum you are. And then upon acceptance they can undergo extensive training under the direction of a chosen few in order to gain the knowledge nessessary to express an opinion without supervision.-----------PLMKRZY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit