Shame On All of You

by DakotaRed 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I guess I missed it too.

I think those of us who have been molested, either by JW's or others, will view Bill one way, while the others may not really understand the big picture. Just a thought.

If it was inflammatory AGAINST Bill, then I agree with Lew. I think Bill, and what he has accomplished, is nothing short of awesome. It has probably grown far beyond his wildest expectations, and still he persists in his quest. He is there for everyone who needs him. No one is exempt from criticism, but maybe this isn't the place to attack someone like Bill, that so many look up to as a hope, for helping the lambs, both current and future victims.

• COMF
    COMF
    maybe this isn't the place to attack someone like Bill

I don't think of it as a place to attack anybody. But I don't consider sincere questions, deserving of answers, to be attacking, either. What better place to ask these questions than here, where most of us are sympathetic to the cause? Credibility is just as important as enthusiasm in this endeavor. A single false, sensational accusation will give the ADD-addled public the excuse it needs to categorize, file, and dismiss from further consideration this entire situation. We are wise to hash these things out among ourselves.

But let the hashing be done with maturity and focus.

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

To quote my favorite rocker Patty Griffin,

"Time will do the talkin, Years will do the walkin,

Time will tell you baby what you can't hear now".

God of Love Bless Bill Bowen, The Andersons, The Pandelos, Erica and Family, Heather, Holly and Family and all victims everywhere. Let the truth be known. Let it shine. People make sense, there is always a reason. Principles will monitor every situation whether those involved are principled or not.

This is the form of worship that is clean and undefiled. . . . .FIRST, "look after widows and orphans in their tribulation," or literally "Look after those bereft," now who would that be? Who is looking after the best interests of the little children? Who is just looking to cover their collective publishing company broadside?

Random Ramblings from SloBoy's Spouse

• Valis
    Valis

COMF...as always you make sense and remind some that asking for evidence and fostering a good discussion does not equate to scorn and ridicule of the Silentlambs issue. BTW...hash is always best done with as you say "maturity and focus"...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Englishman
    Englishman
    hash is always best done with as you say "maturity and focus"...

'How about if your a non-smoker?

Englishman.

• Valis
    Valis

Greetings Eman...just have Her Ladyship make you some nice brownies...yummy!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer or the "Divine Hooka" class

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I miss the point?

Edited by - plmkrzy on 6 October 2002 19:10:14

• COMF
    COMF

Valis, I confess that I have not hashed with Focus. However, I did listen to their Moving Waves album whilst in the thoes of one pristine hit of Green Goddess. Not the same thing, but in the same park...

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    So, when you have a problem they way the government does something, do you run for office?

No, but I do vote for the opponent the next election.

When a store gives you bad service, do you apply to work there to make it stop?

No, but I do take my business elsewhere.

True, doing something doesn't always turn out real well but at least you can say you tried I know that whenever I can, I try to make a difference even if it won't matter. Its like some song I heard where the singer says something along the lines of he's not trying to change the world, he's doing stuff so the world won't change him.

This is not the only online community I am active in. Without boring all of you with details the other community needed organization and many people talked and talked about how they thought that should be done but nobody ever did anythig. I got tired of it and got a few well respected members and set up the organization needed in that community even though I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best person to do it. The results have far exceded what any of us had hoped for and its not because of the leader's skill or ability. Its only because I was the only one who actually stood up and did something. It went from bringing together a few dozen people who are almost all in the US to a couple hundred people from all 20 different countries around the world.

Instead of criticizing someone (Bill or anyone else) for how they're doing something try doing what you can to make a difference instead of just talking about how someone who has been immensly succesful and is actually doing something isn't doing whatever the same way you would. Stand up and do something on your own if you don't like it instead of just whining on some discussion board.

Once again, did I piss anyone off with this post? Good. Now why don't you actually go do something yourself now instead of just talking about how much of an ass I am.

• COMF
    COMF
    Instead of criticizing someone (Bill or anyone else) for how they're doing something

My understanding is that we are talking about questions, asked in sincerity, that warrant answers. Those questions are not "criticism". If that's not the correct understanding, please explain.

try doing what you can to make a difference instead of just talking about how someone who has been immensly succesful and is actually doing something isn't doing whatever the same way you would.

You're in bad need of a clue, man.

Stand up and do something on your own if you don't like it instead of just whining on some discussion board.

Why do you speak as though you know what people here are doing, when in fact both you and all your readers are well aware that you have no idea and are just blowing smoke?

Once again, did I piss anyone off with this post? Good.

Pissed off, no... just seeing something that calls for a reply.

Now why don't you actually go do something yourself now instead of just talking about how much of an ass I am.
    No need to talk about it. Just reading your post drives the point home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit