Women With Beards and Some Questions

by Funchback 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hey, GRITS... hahahahahahaha! Nope! I do NOT have a hairy back (although my older brother does). I have a small patch of hair on my chest. That's about it. Thank God/Goodness!

TR... A woman at my congregation has a son who is a mix of retarded and autistic (sp?). He's in his 20's and he wears Depend's. However, like a styrofoam cup with a small hole in it, this guy leaks. Our pink chairs are now pink and brown (no lie/not kidding!).

Valis... Those folks need to join a circus... or shave!

Beck... You are a cheapskate! But that's okay! 'Signs' scared you? HOW??? The stupid thing about that movie is the type of thing that kills them. The earth is made up of mostly water. Duh! They were too stupid to realize that the earth has rain, moisture, and dew???

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    I have a small patch of hair on my chest.

Oh My!! *fans face with hankerchief*

~Beck~

• footprints
    footprints

Are JW men allowed to get a vasectomy?
    Answer: If they do it out of ignorance no disfellowshiping.
    If they did it because they do not want more children and in 1986 the GB said it was nobody's business but their own, they will be disfellowshiped.

The Light goes on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off like a broken F@#$%^g tail light.

• TR
    TR

Footprints,

It depends on the elders, too. One set of elders told my bro he'd lose all "privleges" in his cong. The elders in my cong said "no problem".

TR

• Valis
    Valis

A brother could get "fixed" in the congos I went to...I knew this poor bastard who had several unsuccessful operations...he ended up w/8 kids cause he either was to stupid to employ some sort of birth control or felt jehovah might be pissed if he aborted several of them...dumb dubbie!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• abbagail
    abbagail

And I swore I was gonna stay off this forum for at least a day...

You guys are sooo funny! I'd rather DIE that be that poor lady with the beard in the picture that D.Overbeer put up! Eeeeek!

Funch: A little fuzzy patch on the FRONT ain't so bad. That's where it's SUPPOSED to be!

Now for the OPPOSITE side of the problem...

Can I Stop My Hair from Thinning?
    "I am a 59 year-old-woman with thinning hair. What is the best treatment to prevent more hair loss and is there anything that can make my hair grow back?"
    -- Johanna Lewis

(Published 09/13/2002)

Thinning hair among women is not unusual, especially after menopause when hormonal changes may cause female pattern baldness, marked by thinning of hair all over the head without a receding front hairline. You could be genetically predisposed to this problem. Hair loss can also be due to severe stress, damaging effects of hair care treatments or styling, and a habit of twisting or pulling your hair. Some prescription drugs can cause excessive hair shedding that might be mistaken for thinning, among them blood thinners and medications used to treat gout, arthritis, depression, heart problems, and high blood pressure. If youre taking a drug for any of these conditions, check to see if shedding hair is a side effect. You also might ask your doctor to test you for thyroid disease, which is common in your age range and can also cause hair loss. If this is the problem, treatment should result in hair regrowth.

In any case, I would try nutritional approaches to stop further loss and to encourage hair re-growth. Make sure youre getting enough omega-3 fatty acids by eating salmon, sardines, herring or mackerel two or three times a week or by sprinkling two tablespoons of freshly ground flax seeds per day on cereal or salads. Buy whole flax seeds, keep them in the refrigerator, and grind enough for a week at a time in a coffee grinder or blender. In addition, supplement your diet with GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) in the form of black currant oil or evening primrose oil, available in capsules or soft gels at health food stores. Take 500 mg of either twice a day for six to eight weeks to see if it plus the omega-3 are beginning to make a difference.

Conventional medicine treats female pattern baldness with the non-prescription drug minoxidil, which you rub into your scalp twice a day. This treatment slows or stops hair loss among the majority of people who try it and helps hair regrow among 20 to 25 percent of users. Treatment is expensive it will run you about $600 per year -- and if you stop using the drug, any hair regrowth that has occurred will disappear and thinning will resume. The most common side effects are itching and skin rash.

Dr. Andrew Weil
    http://www.drweil.com/drw/app/cda/drw_cda.php-command=TodayQA-pt=Question-questionId=99989

• Prisca
    Prisca

Forget men with hair on their backs .... even having too much hair on their chest is a turn-off for me!

I like a little bit of hair on the chest, just enough to peek out of the top of an unbuttoned shirt. But anything that resembles a shag carpet....

I have a small patch of hair on my chest.

That's just enough for me.

• gumby
    gumby

like a little bit of hair on the chest, just enough to peek out of the top of an unbuttoned shirt

I am so hairless that I have a chest toupe. It just slips on over your head and is easy to wear. Comes in 4 colors and hair lenghts.

Actually prisca I think I only have 14 hairs on my chest last time I counted. My chest hair through the years seem to have sunk into my chest and came out the other side and come out my back

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL @ the "chest toupe"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit