Women With Beards and Some Questions

by Funchback 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Funchback
    Funchback

When I was 18, I was "courting" a beautiful young lady (a "sister"). She had a small strand of hair growing from her chinny-chin-chin. One day, we went to Florida to meet some of her family. When we got to her aunt's house, her aunt greeted us at the front door. The aunt had a full beard! She looked like Teddy Pendergrass (see photo below). I thought to myself, "Self, this family has a hair problem amongst the females. End this relationship FAST!" Selfishly, I broke up with the "sister".

Nowadays, I see lots of women with facial hair. Are JW women permitted to sport a beard?

Can a man wear a skirt?

How come, when an African JW man visits an American district convention, he can wear the traditional African clothing, but when you look at photos of Afican JW men in the yearbooks, they are wearing suits and ties?

Are JW men allowed to get a vasectomy?

Many people have a habit of biting or chewing the inside of their cheek. Usually, they swallow the skin afterward. Plus, sometimes they draw blood. Shouldn't that person be DF'd for eating human flesh and blood? And don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

I also remember being taught by the JWs that you MUST bathe after sexual intercourse. Does anyone else remember this?

If the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society doesn't want their followers to discard their old magazines by tossing them in the trash, then why do they write about experiences of people coming into "the truth" after they found some literature in the garbage?

Why do the leaders of Bethel consider it disrespectful to wear jeans and sneakers when touring their facility? Aren't we all naked in God's eye?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Edited by - Funchback on 3 October 2002 9:22:34

• minimus
    minimus

WOW, Funhback....You ask more meaningless questions than me.

• blondie
    blondie

Are JW women permitted to sport a beard?

No but a mustache is acceptable.

Can a man wear a skirt?

Most men don't have the legs for it but at home he can wear what he wants.

Are JW men allowed to get a vasectomy?

Only if they don't tell anyone.

Shouldn't that person be DF'd for eating human flesh and blood?

I think they should DF people who pick their boogers and eat them or worse yet pick other people's boogers and eat them.

I also remember being taught by the JWs that you MUST bathe after sexual intercourse. Does anyone else remember this?

That must be the Orthodox JWs who follow the Law code.

If the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society doesn't want their followers to discard their old magazines by tossing them in the trash, then why do they write about experiences of people coming into "the truth" after they found some literature in the garbage?

Only if non-witnesses toss the magazines out. Put them in a laundromat and let the owner do it.

Why do the leaders of Bethel consider it disrespectful to wear jeans and sneakers when touring their facility?

Are you suggesting we show up naked when touring Bethel? Some of us look better with our clothes on.

• Nikita
    Nikita

I have no answers to the questions you seek answered. However, I am ROTFLMAO at this thread!

Nikita

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I am not sure about the dress code for touring Bethel, but when I toured London Bethel some years back I was in jeans and tennis shoes. I can't imagine dressing up after touring around England all day via train and tube.

Women with facial hair, that's hilarious! Women who take fertility drugs can get facial hair. Imagine a baby and a beard.

Edited by - TresHappy on 3 October 2002 10:28:18

• TR
    TR
    Many people have a habit of biting or chewing the inside of their cheek. Usually, they swallow the skin afterward. Plus, sometimes they draw blood. Shouldn't that person be DF'd for eating human flesh and blood? And don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

WTF?

Women with beards? It frigging hair! Shave that crap OFF, girl! Or use hair remover or whatever. Women can't be having HAIR on their faces! Good GOD! If your girl just had one strand of hair on her chin, why didn't she pluck that bastard off?! Didn't she ever look in the mirror?

What a weird-ass thread.

TR

• Funchback
    Funchback

mimimus... I'll take that as a compliment!

Nikita... Don't get a headache. LOL!

TresHappy... They recently (within the last year) said (in a KM) that in order to tour Brooklyn Bethel, you have to wear shoes and no jeans.

• Funchback
    Funchback

A special response to my man TR...

Yo, cuz! My guess would be that hundreds of thousands of people chew the inside of their cheeks. It's a quite common nervous habit. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. And don't be ashamed to admit that you yourself are a cheek chewer! LOL! (PS...A cheek chewer is NOT a butt-muncher, in case you were confused)

TR... Some days a women may miss a spot. Some women choose to leave it in place (see the "aunt" example). However, since I'm no woman, I can't tell you why some leave it and most remove it. And I doubt that any woman here will tell us why because they may be embarrassed to admit that they have abnormal hair growth.

Brian (of the "weird" beard thread class)

• TR
    TR

Funch,

I don't chew my cheek, but I pick my nose once in a while.(no, I don't eat the boogers) I have accidently bit my cheek, though. Hurts like hell, and it keeps getting bit because it swells up.

TR

• Funchback
    Funchback

LOL @ TR!

I'm not saying this applies to you. I'm just wondering why people admit to picking their noses but never admit to eating the gold nuggets.

It's like watching a movie at home with a friend or family member who falls asleep during the movie. When you nudge them and say "WAKE UP!" they get defensive and sternly say, "I wasn't sleeping!!! I was resting my eyes for a second".

*Thinking to myself that this thread is getting weirder by the post*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit