Things JWs don't say

by WildTurkey 55 Replies latest jw friends

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Lets post somethings as a dub you dont say:

Luck, you dont say party, its a get together. You dont go to Church, its a hall

• Angharad
    Angharad

We had a 'get together' for an elder and family that were moving out of the area - when it came to say goodbye I said 'Good Luck' - it just slipped out before I realised got a very strange look from the elder.

It not free - its without charge

Edited by - angharad on 3 October 2002 8:2:19

• mamashel
    mamashel

When someone sneezes, you dont say "bess you". I remember when i was studying, a lady sneezed and i said Bless you, you could have heard a pin drop.

mamashel

• benext
    benext

I'm here to help you change your religion.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

The Watchtower is Satan's organization and the Governing Body are his right hand men.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

& Hell - can't say that either (unless of course it is necessary
    - which is why as children we LOVED talking about Hell, Michigan) !
  • Angharad
    Angharad

Not to do with things you said - but I used to hate it when trying to buy a card for a wedding or birth, that had to be one with no horse shoes or storks or any other symbol that might be considered remotely pagan.

Edited by - angharad on 3 October 2002 8:28:42

• Funchback
    Funchback

DON'T say: "Decrease"

DO say: "Negative Increase"

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

There was a earthshaking debate as to calling the board in the back of the hall, an information board or a bulletin board. Calling it the wrong thing could get you publicly reproved. Ha,, i can't even remember the "right" thing to call it.

I never heard a dub say............." I am putting away a nest egg for my retirement".

• BudLight
    BudLight

At the door to householder:

If you don't become and witness you will die at armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit