My introduction and confession

by elderINewton 58 Replies latest jw friends

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

Well another big bad elder here just wanting to say sorry.

I'm sorry that so many were treated like crap, and shown that god's love is not to be found around Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'm sorry that inadvertently I've likely taught many to judge and as such see that racism permeates every corner of the JW world, else why else would someone be of the world, or even inactive.

I'm sorry I sat in on a JC, and voted to DF. I was following a manmade textbook, and I still feel much guilt for this.

I'm sorry this organization is full of lies when it comes to protecting kids. It protects its own ass first and foremost and the legal department makes that clear. Yes I have personally seen this, and it eats at me. I have a daughter and this scares me to death the possibility of someone in the hall hurting her.

I've protected so many from the over controlling elders, and its with great sadness that I will not be able to do that anymore, but its time to protect my family and get our butts out of a high control group. So I'm sorry that I can't protect you from elder ahole, and elder ax to grind. Some elders are caring, but most just follow the book, and its sad.

I'm sorry you felt unloved by many, and were shown it as well. I only wish I could have changed things before I leave.

I wish I had the time to say sorry in so many other ways.

Well, here I am;

• I've been awake longer than I've been an elder or even a servant. (I have a wife, and like many was hung up on where will we go, before I realized I asked the question incorrectly).
    • I'm not mentally diseased, but just think that elder up there giving the public talk knows ttatt, and about much more than most, and too is pressed with how to make an easy safe escape.
    • I've edited every talk to ensure that its truly gods word and not AMIII's, I've always pushed the focus to the bible rather than a watchtower.
    • I've never believed the blood doctrine. Never made sense to me.
    • My child will go for higher education - per a letter written to the elders on how to do it. (when I leave, it will be just like I did)

I love helping people, I really do, I just hate how much this borganization pushes people and traps them in a cycle that kills them emotionally and physically. So we are not all bad people, some of us really care.

I need to prepare for a meeting tonight, so maybe you might see me.

Lastly, sorry for being selfish and getting ready to leave to protect my wife and kid, but its time and I can't wreck my daughter. I love you all.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Welcome, and tells us how it goes getting your family out. I have a lot of kids in my family I want to get out.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I left partly to protect my daughter as well. You have to do what is best for your family and you really can leave without compromising good, wholesome morals. I raise a cup (of coffee) to your freedom sir! Welcome to the forum!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Welcome, get out and get out soon!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Don't feel too bad. You did what you could, and now it's time to protect your own child. Also the very act of you leaving might help others to wake up too.
  • DJS
    DJS

ElderNewton,

A lot of us have been in your shoes. Welcome. As Oubilette said, escape as quickly and quietly as you can with all that is yours. We understand.

Welcome to freedom.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    Welcome! And we'll done you've made a brave step but a good one x
  • James Jack
    James Jack
    Wow! Let's hear some more.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Thank you for sharing that Newton. I hope that you will eventually be able to make an exit without it adversely affecting your family.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Don't feel too bad. You did what you could, and now it's time to protect your own child. Also the very act of you leaving might help others to wake up too.

Couldn't have put it better. I wish you all the very best and welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit