My introduction and confession

by elderINewton 58 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    Hello. Glad you're awake.🌼
  • Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Do your wife and daughter know how you feel? Will they leave with you or stay loyal to the borg and shun you?

I suppose you could fade, but that's very hard for an elder to do. Too visible.

If you don't mind being DFd, give one final talk in which you say, "The Bible is God's infallible word. The Watchtower has made mistakes and is always subject to "new light," so if you find a conflict between the Bible and the Watchtower, your loyalty must be to the Bible. After all, we must follow God rather than men."

If you don't mind being DFd the same night as your last talk, add in everything you told us in your original post.

I wish you and your family all the best, and I will be praying for you.

Please keep us updated on your situation and the steps you take.

• skin
    skin
    Greetings from New Zealand, I just might see you at the meeting tonight if you are from NZ.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

elderNewton

We can only hope and pray that you are one of the VERY few good guys we know. There are some (very few) of you left but you do exist. Hopefully, you and your family can escape.

Sometimes my family and I can only hope that some of the Elders, CO's and Bethelites will TRULY see what is going on.

Occasionally, a few Elders will post but then they disappear. Some remain and we cherish their loving/kind input.

So much damage/abuse has been done to some really good and decent people. We can attest to this!

We don't know how you do it. Going trough the motions of being an Elder, meetings, field service, conventions, etc. has to be brutal.

If you can get yourself and your family out...DO IT. We have been out for about 3 years and the freedom is incredible. They talk and act as if your life will go to sh** if you leave. DON'T BELIEVE THEM...IT DOES'NT! Freedom is an incredible feeling. Happiest years of our lives!

Know that you are not alone . There are some incredibly kind and loving people here for you.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    Un-elder yourself. It can be done very easy. You already know the ropes. From there you can proceed as you see fit. Serving is something you volunteer for and is not required. You will be surprised at how much better you will feel without everybody's problems nagging you all the time. More time for the people you love who really love you, your family. Wish you the best!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Dude so many of us have been there done that.... This forum is filled with people, including me, who lived the same life. Im still faking meetings (im at one now) but the relief i got when i got when i stepped down as an elder was unimaginable. The world dont end when you step down. Do it for yourself and your family.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Here you have nothing to apologize for my friend. On the contrary thank you for being fearless. Welcome.

Fmf

• millie210
    millie210

Do what you need to do and keep reading and posting here while you do it.

This place can help you stay sand and realize it is NOT you that has the problem.

Thanks for saying your sorry for things done as an elder. You sound like one of the good guys.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit