My introduction and confession

by elderINewton 58 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Newton, welcome to this forum. Many of us, including me, have been in your shoes, so we understand. It'll be hard to fade, because you're too visible as an Elder, but it's possible. Step down as soon as you can and let the dust settle for a month or two. Don't accept any "privileges" in the meantime. If you have a neighboring congregation, start attending meetings there now and then, and make sure your congregation elders know about it. Be vague about your reasons. Then, start skipping a meeting now and then. In time, you know you will start be perceived as 'spiritually weak', which can be hurtful, but it's the price to pay.

Your daughter will be grateful to you that you took this decision. My son certainly is to me. It made a huge difference in his life and personallity. If your wife leaves with you, what a great win! Let us know of your progress. And don't feel guilty, it's a waste of energy. Focus on what's to come and help your family.

Eden

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome to the forum.....and thank you very much for your sincere apologies it means a lot to me.

I have always known there are decent kind elders but they never last.

Take care and plan your exit well

Kate xx

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    Great that you have left and I do hope that you can extract your family intact from the hands of the bOrg.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Newton - welcome to your new family!!

You are an endangered species, on the verge of extinction - the elder who has a conscience and the courage to act upon it!

Take it easy and don't play their game - cite personal reasons for every question asked, and fade!

It will so tick them off, not having evidence supplied by you.

Keep posting, and keep learning from all of your friends here!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello ENewt

I was an elder too and began to tailor my talks to the bible rather than watchtowers. One comment I gave..from the bible itself...the CoBE shook his head.

I am now happily an atheist or agnostic or something...I'm not sure...I don't give a monkeys.

You will be atheist soon if you think critically too. that's my prophecy!

Anyway, welcome to the real international brotherhood.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome EN!

You are one of the ones who, when it came time, decided to be intellectually honest with yourself instead of lying to yourself. I think this is a pivotal moment each JW comes to sooner or later.

I, like you, never agreed with the blood policy. I was a teenager when that was introduced to me and I told my parents that life was more important than this policy.

It wasn't until I was an adult that I learned about the child abuse and how much of a problem it really is. There is no way an 'all-loving' god is any part of that crap.

Your heart-felt apology is the beginning of your healing. I am hoping your recovery is swift and as painless as possible.

Thank you for taking the time and mustering up the courage to join us. Every voice is important.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome to the forum, elderNewton - great OP.

But unless you've personally affected any of us doubters and exJWs here you don't really need to apologise.

Victimhood mustn't be encouraged.

It's the GB and other upper echelons of the WTS that need to say sorry.

They should also be stood up against a wall and shot, if there was any justice in the world.

• James Jack
    James Jack
    Tell us more of your responsibilities that you have had and any experiences that stand out in your life.
  • bafh
    bafh

Can you say more about this:

• My child will go for higher education - per a letter written to the elders on how to do it. (when I leave, it will be just like I did)

What did the letter say about how to do it?

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    • My child will go for higher education - per a letter written to the elders on how to do it. (when I leave, it will be just like I did)

Sorry if I'm being dense. Maybe I haven't had enough coffe this morning. I didn't understand the last part of that point. Can you or someone elaborate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit