My introduction and confession

by elderINewton 58 Replies latest jw friends

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Welcome. My husband and I were "in" for over thirty years. He was an elder for twenty. We are out together.

How wonderful that you and your wife are on the same page. I know that you will patiently help your daughter, and hope that all will be well. It may be a long journey, but the end result, thinking for yourself, is so worth it.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    Hello. Please don't be unkind to yourself. You did what you thought was the right thing to do at the time. Everyone here seems inclined to bear no grudge or harm. That's how it should be hey?
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Greetings and welcome to the real world Newton.(Isaac Newton was a genius but not actually a very pleasant individual to have met!) This stupid old religion truly messes with the mind.Living an honest life directed by common sense and proper information is infinitely better than the tripe the Watchtower produced. So glad for you that the other half can see it too.

Do tell us more on how you are coping...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    welcome to the board brother Newton, hope you stick around, great the see elders leaving, surely must hurt them
  • wannaexit
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    welcome and look forward to your comments. And congrats on getting your wife to wake up and fade with you. Trust me, you will have a huge wave of relief once you step down (if you haven't already). And don't be too hard on yourself, you were a cog in the wheel of a cult.
  • KateWild
    KateWild
    To me, the reality is that there is no such thing as a successful escape, its just playing for the tie, or to minimize the loss.-elderNewton

Sadly I agree, but at least if you exit your way, you did not submit to WT rules

Kate xx

• tiki
    tiki
    Beautiful intro. Thank you for your clarity and honesty.
  • flipper
    flipper
    ELDERNEWTON- Welcome to the board. Nice to have you here. No apologies necessary. You were mind controlled by the WT Society like the rest of us. And it's not being " selfish " to get your wife and child out of the JW cult- it's being unselfish, caring, generous, and a good father to do so. Take care and enjoy your freedom of mind and broader thinking ability

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit