The "rocks" are not "crying out&...

by gumby 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Yeru,

I guess 'the nature of the sin' as regards the creation story, seems to be a very simplistic, and convenient.

Simple, in that food was a major commodity then, why not tie the first sin ever recorded to something everyone could relate to.

Convenient in that it allowed the writer/s of this whimsy, to tie everything together in a sweet little box. Animals, man, garden, woman from the ribs of man, sin, work your ass off the rest of your life. All pretty neat and tidy.

It is obvious the writer/s were more sophisticated than the average tribal cave painter of the day. But if you look at the story of creation as found in the bible, it really differs little from other culture myths and faibles. One must look at the story without the blinders of years of conditioning and bible fervor.

Danny

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    If someone says that murder is good, then for them it is, yet it's sin and affects the rest of the world.

OK, murder is a sin because it violates the rights of another person, i.e. the right to life of the victim.

if Dale decides he has a right to the money held in a bank, it's ok, and good, not evil.

Yes. In this case, the property rights of the bank are violated if Dale takes the money by force or fraud.

The same with drugs, using the opposite (or same) gender for sex (as opposed to making love).
    In these cases, nobody's rights are violated (assuming only informed consenting adults are involved). Where's the sin?

Edited by - funkyderek on 4 October 2002 10:49:35

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

A consenting adult can still be used. One's attitude towards sex affects how they look at human beings as a whole. If I view my wife as an instrument of my pleasure only, even if she consents, this affects how I relate to ALL women.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    A consenting adult can still be used. One's attitude towards sex affects how they look at human beings as a whole. If I view my wife as an instrument of my pleasure only, even if she consents, this affects how I relate to ALL women.

OK, so you have an unhealthy view of women. That's not a sin. Nobody's rights are violated.

• gumby
    gumby

Yeru,

I'm saying the shit in the world is because of the PEOPLE in the world and what we do,

we, have decided that WE will decide for ourselves what is good, and what is evil.

Shit in the world is by people who sin because ..God put the sin in us didn't he? He made it so we inherited sin without a choice on our part didn't he?

And what do you mean we have decided for ourselves what is good for us? Who the hell is supposed to decide things for us if not we ourselves. That's why we have a damn brain. What about those who use the Bible to make decisions such as you? Even when you use God's way the best you can.......it's not good enough! You suffer like the rest of us. I don't steal, lie, cheat, commit adultry. I pray.....and still.....I can get cancer, or run over by a damn truck, my wife could be murdered......so much for following God's way and being blessed for it. Horseshit!!!!!

• seven006
    seven006

Yeru,

<<<Quite the opposite, I'm saying the shit in the world is because of the PEOPLE in the world and what we do, not because of some fabled or not snake. >>>

I'm a people, does that mean I am responsible for what others do and they are responsible for what I do? How is that fair and loving? Why should I have to pay for what some dip shit in Foofoo China does? What makes you think that we are all responsible for what others do or don't do? It kind'a blows the theory of Job and Lot being singular righteous men. Wasn't Noah found to be without sin? If you don't take the myth about Adam and Eve literal than when did sin start and who is responsible for it?

Gumby,

It's bullshit, not horseshit. Get your shit straight pal.

Dave

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Seven,

I suppose a faith in God would be necessary to understand this point of view. The other view is completely hopeless in my opinion. Why then, in your opinion, is there so much SHIT, in the world?

Gumby,

No, God didn't put the sin in us, God gave us the ability to choose, and often times we choose badly.

Funky,

An unhealthy attitude towards women will reveal itself, however slightly, in your conduct towards women.

• seven006
    seven006

Yeru,

First of all for me to get into this any deeper I'm afraid I might get a little cynical. I have read several of your responses to several threads and I think your a pretty good guy. I don't want anything I say to offend you and when I get into this stuff I tend to do that. Some come here with an attitude and try to push their thoughts on others. They are the ones I get a little pissy with. I don't see you doing that so I will tailor my response with that in mind.

Why is there so much shit in the world? TV, yep that's how I see it. I get up ever day and go about my business. With the few thousand people I see everyday I rarely see anything that I would consider shit. I see people going and coming from work, driving places with their families and overall having a fairly good life. I only see the shit as we say when I turn on the TV and watch the news. I don't see it on a regular basis in my life. What I see is people being people and trying to live a happy life. From native Indians in the so called uncivilized places in the world to the people who live on the next street behind me. They are all doing the best they can and having from what I can see a fairly happy life.

TV is the biggest form of information in the history of the world. We can see what is happening in every tiny corner of the planet on a daily basis. The TV and newspapers do not sell advertising and make billions of dollars reporting how Dick and Jane took Spot for a walk in the dog park today. Nor do they report about how a group of people went to the beach and roasted hot dogs over an open fire and had a great time. They report all the shocking, scary, mind boggling shit that happens in the world and if they can't find some at home they find in another country. They then serve it up like it was a Hollywood action movie for us to sit back in our easy chairs and say "that is so awful, what is the world coming to?" It's not the world at all, its a tiny piece of it.

You take the six billion people on this planet and you subtract the few million that are causing the shit in the world and then do the math. With that in mind, tell me about all the shit in the world as compared to all the good stuff. You may be looking at a percentage point between 1 and 3 percent. It's that 1 to 3 percent that makes dip shits like the JW's as well as the TV news reports sensationalize things to make the whole world look like its crawling with violence and what you call sin.

It's the TV as well as the religious sensationalist that are shit, not the general world public.

Take care,

Dave

• JT
    JT

Do you really think that all the people God has killed such as in the flood, the 7 pagan nations in Canaan, and all those he will kill in the future.............REALLY HAD THE CHANCE TO KNOW GOD WELL ENOUGH TO MAKE A CHOICE?

Are all the Pagans in this word indoctinated well enough to choose the real God over their false God's that they truly believe is THE REAL GOD? Be honest

#########

excellent point and this post goes to the heart and soul of most belief systems

• JT
    JT

danny you got it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit