The "rocks" are not "crying out&...

by gumby 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Then who are all these that are going to die in the big war ahead?

What war? There's gonna be a war?

• gumby
    gumby

What War?.....Why , the one the Bible speaks of in Revelation. You know.....where the blood of all the slain ones( at God's direction)....comes clear up the the horses bridles. The one where sudden destruction comes upon all those not on God's side. The one in which the earth is burnt up. The one Jesus talked of in Matthew where he comes with his angels and seperates the Sheep from the goats then casts off those on his left to eternal damnation.....That WAR!

You do believe in the Bible don't you shnookums

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

That war!

The angels, the poor and neglected, have been blessed broken and handed out for our sake, and they separate sheep from goats everyday - it's often clear to people - it may be that you may need to taste that fruit though.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

The verse in scripture you speak of does NOT reference the spreading of the Gospel, here it is.

The set up is Jesus' Triumphal entry into Jerusalem. The crowds are hailing Jesus as King by crying out HOSANA to the Son of David. The priests are getting nervous for fear that the Roman authorities will see this as a political demonstration and crack down on the pilgrims in Jerusalem for the Passover.

"Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him 'Teacher, rebuke your disciples.' He [Jesus] said in reply, 'I tell you, if they keep silent, the stones will cry out." Luke 19:39-40

Jesus is telling them that if the populous had not fulfilled the prophecy of Psalm 118:26-27 then the stones would have cried out to fulfill that prophecy.

Further, it's been established in MOST Christian communities that those who through no fault of their own, that don't know the message of Christ, may yet still be saved through a special mercy of God. This is established in Romans CH 2. The Catholic position is that all who seek after God with a sincere heart may be saved. It is still the sacrafice of Jesus that saves them (and us).

• seven006
    seven006

Yerusalyim,

<<<. It is still the sacrafice of Jesus that saves them (and us).>>>

What sacrifice would that be? The one where he had spent millions of years as a sprit being and then came down to earth for thirty short years as a human, never got married, never had kids, never had to experience any of the pain and heart ache of living a truly human existence with a real loving family. Never had to be a father and husband and deal with the real problems of life, never lost a child in death which is the most incredible pain in human kind. Then as planned died and went back to being a sprit that he was in the first place and knew he was going back to so he could make up for Adam and Eve eating a piece of fruit?

Do you think if his daddy didn't play the little game of planting the bad fruit tree in the first place he wouldn't have had to momentary interrupt his life as a sprit and be human for a short spell? Do you think that if his daddy had a plan to send his son down in the near future he wouldn't have had to let the bathtub spill over and kill a few million people and innocent animals in the flood? Do you think if his daddy just vaporized that bad old Satan the minute he slipped on a snake skin jacket and tried to look at Eve naked all this wouldn't have happened? Do you think good old god likes to play immature little games that expose his huge insecurity of not being loved by us little earthling children? Do you really believe all this stuff? Do you really think an all powerful all knowing god really plays those kind's of games? Do you think he is that immature and insecure?

If god hadn't screwed up in the first place playing his little games there would be no need for him to be merciful. He could have just stuck with being intelligent and loving and none of us would be the victims of a bad fruit choice and we would all have grown up perfect and lived forever. That wouldn't scare the hell out of us and keep us in line out of fear instead of love now would it? Fear is a much better tool to keep the innocent of mind in line than love is. The bible was put together and designed to keep simple people scared out of our wit's. It has worked for a long time doing just that. Personally, I don't buy a word of it. Find me a talking snake or a talking rock and I may change my mind.

Dave

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

That war!

The angels, the poor and neglected, have been blessed broken and handed out for our sake, and they separate sheep from goats everyday - it's often clear to people - it may be that you may need to taste that fruit though.

oh...that war

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Dave,

Sometimes simple questions, are answers in themselves. I would like to hear someone give your questions some attention.

Danny

• JT
    JT

Further, it's been established in MOST Christian communities that those who through no fault of their own, that don't know the message of Christ, may yet still be saved through a special mercy of God. This is established in Romans CH 2. The Catholic position is that all who seek after God with a sincere heart may be saved. It is still the sacrafice of Jesus that saves them (and us).

#############

here we got again-- notice closely what is stated:

"it's been established in MOST Christian communities that those who through no fault of their own, that don't know the message of Christ, may yet still be saved"

-----------

Now this is interesting for i just spoke to a Born Again just yesterday who argued me down that ONLY THOSE BORN AGAIN get the hook up and now we have another interpertation being given that THERE "MAY YET" BE SOME exceptions to the rule-

now the question is if the bible says ONLY THOSE BORN AGAIN, how are these "most christian communities" able to over ride the bible

as has been stated before whenever believer get backed up into a corner they come out with some new fangle interpetation to explain away the goofy dogma-

just this out according to most bible belivers they will tell you :

jesus is the truth and light and ONLY THRU him do you get the hook up as well as ONLY by being BORN AGAIN -

then when you ask them about folks who don't know about thier belief system they start back peddling with the EXCEPTION RULe

now what they are saying is this - if you lived during the year let's say 1582 and you didn't hear of jesus , didn't get born again, then you still will get the hook up

now i just asked Ali here at work about the same thing only coming from a Muslium perspective-

what would Allah do if you never had the chance to learn about him because you were born in a "Christian" nation-

his response was Allah would understand- so this is my problem

while the Christiansare staking their claim on the billions who didn't hear of thier belief system thru the bible and will still get the hook up to heaven

-- the muslium are staking their claim on the billions of folks who didn't here their message thru the koran will also get their hookup to heaven as well

so i guess once everyone gets to heaven their will be a christian section and a muslium section

YOU GOT TO LOVE BELIEF SYSTEMS

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

JT,

So what your saying bro James is......One would be a hell of alot better off, if you lived alone in a cave on a moutain 10,000 ft where noone ever came around knocking on rocks, carrying the bible or koran!

From what you indicate, the above hermit would do far better with God, than the average run of the mill, go to church on Sundays christian, or Muslim that once forgot to face east when doing his nightly prayers.

Danny

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Seven006,

What Jesus did go through was the rejection of his ministry by most of his family, the betrayal of his life by one of his closest friends, the abandonment in his time of crisis by the rest of his friends. Hunger, pain, sickness, the death of his earthly father, the death of close friends, a cruel and infamous death alone, doesn't sound like a walk in the park to me, bud.

As to who screwed up, it was not God, but man. God wants us to be free to love him. In order to be free to love him we must be free to reject him, thus the possibility of sin. Sin has consequences. Thus the state of the world today.

JT,

The position I've given you is that of the Catholic and Orthodox church, that's over 1.25 billion people, thus MOST CHRISTIANS. Many others also agree with that. The fundies are a relatively small number taken against the whole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit