The "rocks" are not "crying out&...

by gumby 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Folks!

In another thread I was chatting with Dave (Sevenof 6) and he brought out an awesome point.

I said my problem with the Bible was if it contains life for people.....then all those without the word and Christ are doomed.

He said, the Bible believers quote...... "the rocks would cry out" before the message would not be heard.

Well? How have ALL the billions of people on this planet who have not heard of or seen the bible.......HEARD" THE ROCKS CRY OUT"? HAVE THEY??

So in what way have "the rocks cried out" or how will they...... before "Jesus comes?"

Once again......a bible question that can't be answered.

Edited by - Gumby on 1 October 2002 19:39:49

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

putting on my 3in. thick horned rimed glasses to answer this question

This is very simple. It merely means that every single soul on the face of the earth will someday understand everything (at the same time) or maybe not.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Thats why the mormons baptize all the dead people around the world. Nuts....

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Plum that was cosmic!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Isn't that an allegory? Jesus is also called a rock at 1 Cor. 10:4. I doubt that is to be taken literally.

• seven006
    seven006

Not to be taken literally? Now that's the problem with the whole religious mind set in the first place. What is literal and what is not? What is myth and what is historical fact? The thread Gumby was referring to started out with questions about the flood. Some rocket surgeon chimed in and said that the whole earth was not literally covered in water, only a small area around Turkey. Well, that was news to me, I always thought when the bible said the whole expanse of the earth was covered it meant the whole damn planet.

This literal not literal discussion is one of the many things about the old book of myth that makes me laugh. When a believer gets reasoned into a corner they jump up and say "it doesn't mean that, it means this." The absolute ludicrous things Christians expect you to believe are so ridiculous they have to tweak their own book of rules and myths to try and not look like what they are believing is something so incredibly outlandish they are looked upon as idiots.

Did Jesus walk on water or was it simply a mud puddle that he stepped over? Did he actually feed a multitude of people with a couple of fish and a few loaves of bread or have we misunderstood the word multitude all these years to only mean four people? When the myths become too hard to believe for those who believe them to be miracles what else are they going to change? The myth of walking on water and feeding multitudes of people was contrived by the Buddhist and Hindus about Buddha and Krishna hundreds of years before it was attributed to Jesus.

So the question rises who actually did it? Buddha, Krishna, or Jesus. Or is it all a myth and they themselves are all mythical beings contrived to get people to think that one particular way of religious theory is the only correct and factual one?

Are the rocks going to cry out? Well, if you believe in a talking snake you'll believe in anything. Religious stories are created to convince people of a specific religious philosophy. Take out the facts, dab in a few miracles, make people believe them, mix them all up in a bag and you end up with faith. Faith is the acceptance into ones thinking that a story and philosophy told to them is true without any way to factually prove it. Find a group of people that are likened to one of the stupidest animals on the planet "a sheep," call them meek, humble, and teachable and you end up with a religion.

Once you have convinced them of all that, you can tell them that rocks will indeed develop the ability to talk. I think that is where the phrase "getting stoned" came in.

Dave

Edited by - seven006 on 1 October 2002 21:20:36

Edited by - seven006 on 1 October 2002 23:42:12

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Dave

Who is being particularly incisive in speech and thought this evening.

***Religious stories are created to convince people of a specific religious philosophy. Take out the facts, dab in a few miracles, make people believe them, mix them all up in a bag and you end up with faith***

There is so much truth wraped up in those to sentenances it's not funny.

Can you imagine the millions of Mormon's accepting the rantings of Joseph Smith without his gold tablets, inscribed by the angel Moroni? Hardly.

Moses had to bring clay tablets down from a mountain top, with his face glowing from looking directly at god himself. Even then the Isrealites found it hard to believe.

This business of religion, takes alot of drama and terror to convince the sheep to follow.

The only way Jw's could make all of thier dogma stick, was to create thier own version of the bible, with subtle word changes by a pipsqueek of a little man, who gathered enough knowledge about Hebrew and Greek to sound plausible. Freddie one of the guys living when the judge said 'millions now living' is gone and buried. His Babylon and on and on the Great is still here, the UN is still standing, and his precious WTBS is under siege.

Yet the religious sheep keep listening to the same ole, "its a sign", grasping for one little miracle that will convince them once and for all......."we do have the truth".

If there was not so much evidence in history......one might understand.

Good post I enjoyed it Dave.

Danny

• yucca
    yucca

when Jesus was riding down from the mount of olives the people were blessed be the King that rcomes in the name of the Lord:peace inheaven,and glory in the highest the pharisees said to him rebuke your followers for saying things like that. Jesus replied if they keep quiet, the stones along the road will burst into cheers or cry out depending on which translation you read. thats another time not today. god is fair so there no worry if someone never heard of the bible. God sees the heart. read job 34:33 must god tailor his justice to your demands? must he change the order of the universe to suit your whims? have faith god is faithful he loves you yucca

• seven006
    seven006

Danny,

It just makes you shake your head and say "what in the world was I thinking"? Nothing like a good old miracle story to get people to believe everything else you say. Did the Mormons ever find those gold tablets or are they still mysteriously missing? I hate when proof of miracles get lost. I have a dresser drawer in my bed room set aside for things like that. So far it contains my high school diploma. Unfortunately no one has asked to see it. I was right back in the 10th grade when I said it was all a total waste of time.

Yucca,

I think you got your bible myths all mixed up. There is another one about the preaching work going out to all the world and god said that he would make the rocks cry out in places where the JW's didn't mark as where the need was great. Like deep into the Amazon, 90% of communist China and the South Bronx in New York. Good luck finding a decent sized rock in the Bronx to say anything.

The faith concept is a good one. I just don't quite know who to have faith in. Whom do you have faith in that walked on water, and fed multitudes with a few fish and a couple of loves of bread? Jesus, Krishna, or Buddha? Old religious books say they all did it, which one is true, I need to know this so that I could have faith in the right one? Keep in mind Krishna supposedly walked the earth and performed these miracles over 600 years before Jesus supposedly walked the earth and Buddha was 300 years before Jesus. Do you think all of them did this or is it just a nice religious story to try and have faith in and it doesn't matter who may have actually done it or not? Do you think you would believe the bible if you were born in the heart of India and raised a Hindu?

Just curious.

Dave

• gumby
    gumby

Yucca.......god is fair so there no worry if someone never heard of the bible. God sees the heart.

Well that's not the impression I get from the Bibles OWN words. For example;

Jesus himself said" I am the way and the life. NO ONE gets to the father EXCEPT thru ME.

Many other verses claim the same idea.

Plum ....you said someday somehow all will hear and get to choose life.

Then who are all these that are going to die in the big war ahead? Christians DO believe that Muslims and Buddist and all others that are not Christian will die.....don't they? If not......it news to me.

And why evangelize if all will hear someday? If Missionary work is the way God will use........we are in for a helluva long wait before the Lord comes eh?

Dave, Dannybear..........excellent!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit