VERY SAD! MR DRAGON

by hamptonite21 40 Replies latest jw friends

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

IT IS AMAZING HOW FAR FECHED AND DISTORTED SOMEPEOPLES VIEWS ARE. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF DRAGONS POST FROM BEYOND THE WATCHTOWER?

Can someone else take a stab at this one, Im curious to see you thoughts on his post.

I realize that to only see a small picture of information can make a subject hard to follow. You first wonder, what started this, then what drives this, and where is this going. I will cover all of these and more.

Preface

As a preface to this post, I would like to say that at one point I was a backer of silentlambs. I felt there cause had merit and value. Like anything, I took the time to research and ask questions to learn more about the organization and methods. That this what lead me to where I am today.

What started this?

With all the information on the internet "Ex-Jw" sites about silentlambs and the media attention. I wanted to ask a few probing questions of people to see if they understood the organization. You see I had read over the whole silentlambs site and actually eaten dinner recently with a JW friend from Sacramento, who spoke often to Bill Bowen. In our conversation, he mentioned that he had a very unfavorable conversation and Mr. Bowen, as he was very interested in taking down the religion and seemed angry. I defended him, and thought "Yes, but your a Witnesses ... shouldn't you say that?" He is not a idiot though and runs a multi-million dollar company. So to settle the matter I pursued reading the silentlamb post on the other Ex-Jw site I go to. In them people were asking questions and Mr Bowen called them stupid and was giving angry responses to people. People were becoming his followers and using thought like ...

Don't question him.
    Be patient.
    Don't be negative.
    Where else can you go- as imperfect as we are at least we are on the right road.
    God will work things out.
    They are working on it as we speak.
    It will come to pass.
    God is bigger than they are.

... with the same judgmental attitude of the past Witness life. It upset me and concerned me. I made a suggestion that they march on Washington and pursue the law. I suggested looking into all states and seeing what laws need to be changed and making packets to mail to supports on what they can do. Again, I was met with angry responses and negative thought from followers and silentlambs.

What drives this issue

My belief that there is a better way. I feel very strong that this whole thing with silentlambs is a media circus. These are often done to get attention, so that others take action. I say, take action first. It is the same thinking of liberal versus conservative. A liberal tends to lean towards thinking emotion, a conservative thinks logic. Thus my enjoyment of "political boards" as well.

My thought and a thought now shared by others who have come forward is this ...

"The children abused in the name of religion is numerous and not limited to one faith. With this in mind, laws must be changed to make all faith accountable. To make all faiths fall into a line that prevents this from ever happening."

... in doing so, 125 people might sound great. How many times though have I seen people say 6 million Witnesses out of 6 billion people is nothing. Let's face it, it is small group and it will not change the Witnesses. If the Witnesses admit to being wrong, then they lose face and loss support. So, the solution is the law.

How do they use the law to their advantage. Well I have taken part in this many times. I do not mention my stand in politics much, but my wife and I are very active. So I will tell people what to do.

Step 1
    You set out what religion needs to do in order to protect the children. You write these down in detail.

Step 2
    You make sure these points to not conflict with their constitutional rights to "freedom of religion." If they do, you are wasting your time. The court will over turn anything passed.

Step 3
    You look into each state and see who does not have laws that follow these guidelines.

Step 4
    You find out what each state requires to get a ballot measure on the election ballot. Mainly a subpoena action works

Step 5
    You set up teams or programs to recruit people to assist in this. In doing so, do not focus on one religion. Go to all religions that have had this problem. You will be stronger in large numbers.

Step 6
    Advertise your points and drive the election to your victory.

Then the end result. If it passes, you exercised your power as a citizen in a free democracy. If it fails, you try newer avenues. Never giving up.

Where is this issue going

My personal point in this whole thing is to get people to drive their energies to a proper and worthwhile solution. I do not see all these marches on the Watchtower as affective. I see the best solution to be combining the efforts of all abuse victims from all religions. I see a need for a "watch dog" organization that keeps these religions in check.

I do not want people to think. This man is doing enough, I will let him lead. I want people to get out there and see what they can do. In there community, in their state and in their country. Do not follow and support any man who makes comments like "your stupid" without calling him on it. This is politics people. If he can not speak properly and act accordingly, when so many people are following him. He will get eaten alive in any court battles and media research.

Conclustion

In Conclusion. I recent the fact that people from some boards have accused me of not thinking of the abuse victims and being some unresearched moron who knows nothing. it is so far from the truth, it makes me ill. I love kids, and I hate abusers. I want people to be helped and I want it done right. I want it done with the tools this land offers and I want people to realize that I am being this way. Not because I am some blow hard jerk, but because I have a heart for this matter and it means something to me.

Thanks

INSTEAD OF BASHING THE SILENT LAMBS WHICH SEEMS TO BE YOUR ONLY REASON FOR THESE POSTS, IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ITS MISSION, USE YOUR ENGERY (SINCE YOU STATED YOU BELIEVE IN ITS CAUSE) AND START YOUR OWN ANTI-ABUSE ORG.

Edited by - HAMPTONITE21 on 30 September 2002 22:17:13

Edited by - hamptonite21 on 30 September 2002 23:39:59

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

INSTEAD OF BASHING THE SILENT LAMBS WHICH SEEMS TO BE YOUR ONLY REASON FOR THESE POSTS,

Hampton, your response to the unwanted criticisms are expactly the point I have been trying to demonstrate. Nick picking the WT will get the exact same response you gave to dragon.

It is counterproductive. It doe not create change.

The nick picking cirticising post that I have posted are a mirror image of what is going on here against the WT. Those criticisms toward the WT will gain the saem response you and others have given to these criticisms..

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I think it sounds well thought out and awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting it, I wanted to, but I had only a two post limit here.

Take Care

Dragon

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Dragon brings up some good points...why is he being called out as a troll?

He doesn't have a right to have some concerns about this movement? And frankly I saw it as a call to action: to not be complacent and let one man, and one organization, and one march be the end (I saw way too many posts on this board after the march that made it seem like "huzah-we are done! On to the next battle!") there are lots of things to be done. I thought Dragon made some great suggestions for people to get even more involved.

Edited by - joannadandy on 30 September 2002 22:24:2

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

As a side note ...

Do you want me to really embarrass you by stating all that I have done this year for this cause, or totally destroy you by telling you all that I have done in my life for this cause?

Just wondering

Dragon

Sorry, I am not some "stupid" person that you can mess with. Thanks for proving my point too, you have reenergized my feelings on this matter greatly.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Hamptonite,

It was nice to meet you at the march on Friday

Personally, in looking over this guy's post, I don't really have a problem with much of what he says, although some of it isn't very clear...perhaps English is not his first language. If he wants to pursue an avenue different from the one Bill has taken with Silentlambs, well more power to him. I can't see how that could possilby hurt and perhaps he can do some good in trying to get the laws changed. I think that trying to force the WTS to change their policies using the media and lawsuits is a much more viable option, but hey if he has the time and energy...I say go for it.

Dana

Edited to add: Kenpodragon is the same Dragon that posted that? You people have got to stop confusing me like this! LOL Hmmm...if that's the case, sorry if my thinking English might not be your first language was offensive to you (trying to bow out of this gracefully )

Edited by - safe4kids on 30 September 2002 22:36:22

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I knew I should have spell checked that I was in a hurry at the time and just typed it up to respond to a friend. Same thing happened when silentlambs sent out that post I put up one time. Had I known it was going to go public, I would have tried harder. LOL

My thought

Dragon

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

The remarks against supporting Silentlambs are serving the Watchtower. This is the first time in the history of the WTBTS that they have met an organized opponent that has the " moral highground " hands down ! Do your own thing but when the call goes out, support Silentlambs because it is spearheading the very first morally based movement against WT tyranny. Don't underestimate the power of being organized and having the "moral highground".

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Can I point something out to you without offending you?

Your thought turned into what it sounds like if you replace words ...

The remarks against supporting "Jehovah's Witnesses" are serving "Satan's World". This is the first time in the history of the "Satan's world" that they have met an organized opponent that has the "moral highground " hands down ! Do your own thing but when the call goes out, support "Jehovah's Witnesses" because it is spearheading the very first morally based movement against "Satan's World" of tyranny. Don't underestimate the power of being organized and having the "moral highground".

Just thought you might like to know, you are sounding like something from my past. We all have the right to speak our mind about anything, I wish you saw it that way.

My thought

Dragon

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I did not see anything wrong with what Dragon aka Kenpodragon wrote....he clearly has a passion for change and reform as does Bill...he does not have to be part of the silent lamb movement or a Bowenite to want the same thing as Bill.

I respect Bill, and I follow the silent lamb movement as do most of us...but that does not mean to say that others who disagree with some issues cannot share their point of view.

Beck

ps...still enjoying your threads and posts Kenpo even though I don't get much time to respond on them...keep up the good work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit